1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Class - doctor who

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Secrets5, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I thought I'd share this, wasn't sure to put this in entertainment or here but it was in the news so I'll put it here. Basically, Doctor Who's latest spin off character will have a gay lead and it won't be made like a ''big deal'' [because it isn't.]. But I'm making a big deal about it not being a big deal because I love Doctor Who.

As a side note, I think Luke Smith being gay and going out with Sanjay is cannon. Because it is obvious in ''death to the doctor'' that he likes him (even if he doesn't know it yet). And the fact it would have happened had the show not have an unplanned/unavoidable early end. [Sorry, any chance I get to talk about SJA]

Anyway, below is the link.

Doctor Who spin-off will have a gay lead character ยท PinkNews

2. redstreak23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    wait doctor who is over???

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2016 at 12:56 PM ----------

or is it like torchwood

3. wolf of fire

Like Torchwood I think, a continuation of the Sarah Jane adventures without her .

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. Doctor Who is coming out in 2018 with Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor Who [Doctor Who because he calls his Doctor that] and Bill the new companion.

Doctor Who has spin-offs at the same time of its main show, to show that whilst Doctor Who is traveling around the galaxy, there's people keeping peace on earth using his past guidance.

During 2005-2011 there was Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood. Sarah Jane Adventures ended after Elizabeth Sladen dying and would not continue the show without Sarah Jane. Torchwood ended for reasons I don't know, and there are petitions to get it back. There are more audiobooks for both.

Sarah Jane Adventures was aimed at children 7-13, Torchwood for 15+ and I think Class is another 15+. [However, if you like the Doctor Who universe, SJA is not just for kids].

5. redstreak23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well they kinda killed off everyone in Torchwood...

6. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dislike how grungy capaldi is

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Technically, Jack Harkness from Torchwood isn't exactly straight... it won't be the first time.

I like the Eleventh Doctor best, however, in that role I'd be a lot more like the Twelfth Doctor... hence my avatar.

8. IG88

I'm glad there is a spin off coming soon! I tried the Sarah Jane Adventures w/o knowing it was geared toward younger kids so I wasn't interested lol. But I'm definitely going to try Class out.

And I totally get that it's exciting that the character is gay but not everyone is a) freaking out about it and furious or b) thinking it's the best thing in the world kind of thing. It just is.

And are they just going to drop a Christmas special at the end of this year then? Like, 2 specials in a row with no regular doctor who episodes in between?

9. HelloSweetie

V. exciting!