1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Prince William Appears as Cover Star for UK Gay Magazine

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Spartan 117, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Duke of Cambridge has become the first member of the Royal Family to appear on the cover of a gay magazine.

[​IMG]

More on the BBC.

2. 741852963

Call me a cynic but this seems a bit vapid.

So to summarise he's essentially just said "I've met some actual real LGBT people now....homophobia is bad...don't put up with it...right, lets pose for some photos...bye!".

Do we really need a royal to be telling us this. Does he think he is adding some new or unique perspective to things? It would be different if he was somehow bringing his experience as a Prince to the fold, or maybe discussing the lack of publicly LGBT royalty, but he seems to just be saying "I'm not homophobic!". Great, I'd ruddy hope not given you are being funded by taxpayers to be some sort of non-elected figurehead.

And I don't get the narrative that Attitude is somehow a great institution for LGBT people, or worthy of "Royal Approval" even! The magazine is a wank mag. It's famous for its highly-sexualised, highly-airbrushed and sometimes unrealistic representations of the male body. The cover typically features "gay-baiting" in the form of straight celebs stripping off and posing suggestively to reel in horny punters - I'm surprised we haven't got the Prince in a jockstrap on the front!

Now I don't want to sound a prude, but I just don't see the point here. What next, Princess Kate posing for Maxim or FHM?

3. iiimee

Honestly, I'd be much more interested if the prince had a jockstrap on on the cover...

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *Throws up*

5. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, good for him I suppose. I'm sure he means well.....woohoo? I don't know.