1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Testing for gay male sex in Kenya ruled legal, case dismissed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Invidia, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Full article: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36548225

Many African ex-colonies of Britain display the same pattern of legal discrimination against 'unnatural sexual relations'. Some progress has been made in many of these countries, but it is quite slow.

#1 Invidia, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  2. faustian1

I hate to burst your bubble, but these tests are and have been used in the United States of America to diagnose children as victims of "sexual abuse" and this evidence regularly has been used in court against parents. In this country, the test often was called an "anal wink" test and has been medically discredited, which has not by any means eliminated its use as trumped up evidence against parents and relatives of children.

Anyone personally acquainted with anal sex will realize that such a test can be failed by anyone the examiner wishes to fail. It joins the polygraph as a torturous technique that is wonderful for interrogation, but which is junk science for fact finding.

From another story about the Kenyan method: "Law enforcement officials and some medical personnel claim that by forcibly penetrating or otherwise examining the anuses of men accused of homosexuality, they can determine the tone of the anal sphincter or the shape of the anus and draw conclusions as to whether these men have engaged in homosexual conduct."

That kind of witchcraft has been practiced worldwide, and by most progressive democracies into this century. As far as I can tell, Kenya is only slightly more fucked up when it comes to sex, than we are. Witness Pat Robertson encouraging the gays and Muslims to kill each other.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What the fuck...

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is... just idiotic. Hard to believe countries today still practice this kind of (unsuccessful and widely debunked) examination.

We are way ahead of Kenya, not just slightly. Pat Robertson does not speak for the vast majority of Americans. Even if someone is homophobic, a lot of homophobes don't actually care what gays do in the bedroom. They just hate the publicity of LGBT people.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    faustian1, my bubble is fully intact. I'm not an idiot, I know things aren't perfect in the Western world, and certainly not in the US. The world is grey though, and on this point, the West in general is a lighter shade of grey than many (but not all) African countries, who still apply Britain's laws from centuries ago.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say a change in management is clearly required, just like much of the globe.