1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Portland Pride March

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LGBTQueen, Jun 19, 2016.

1. LGBTQueen

Today I went to the portland pride march and marched with PFLAG. It was even better than Christmas! When did you go to a pride event and how was it? (&&&):newcolor::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I have never actually properly been to a pride event. I've walked by them and they always seemed like so much fun. I am hoping to go this year and am very excited.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (This might be in the wrong section, just fyi)

I went last year just two days after gay marriage was legalized in the US and I came out to my parents (not quite sure they accepted the idea of it yet).

It really was a lot of fun and I did enjoy seeing a lot of the floats and marchers. The weather was beautiful, and it ended just 30 minutes before it started raining.

4. thepandaboss

I went to Portland's yesterday, saw the Trans pride march (empowering, by the way, and glad I was a part of that). Was actually gonna be up there today but couldn't get a ride, haha... But this was my first big Pride.

5. AKTodd

Most recently? Yesterday. Norfolk has a Pride carnival rather than a parade. This year I volunteered to help out.

Got there at 8:30 in the morning and did everything from attaching ID signs to booths to signing people into the VIP tent (various sponsors, plus the Norfolk mayor, Virginia Beach mayor, Norfolk Sheriff, a state senator, the Republican candidate for our congressional district, and representatives from both of Virginia's Senators all attended) to serving wine and water at one of the drinks tents. It was a beautiful day, sunny but not too warm or humid and it looked like everyone was having a great time.

Todd