1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Illinois state agency urges foster parents to take in LGBT youth

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JB2015, Jul 10, 2016.

1. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Associated Press

[SNIP]

Illinois state agency urges foster parents to take in LGBT youth | Chicago Sun-Times

#1 JB2015, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. iiimee

I absolutely do not want kids, but I admit stories like this make me feel a little guilty for that lack of desire. Then again, at least I'm not adding more kids to the earth.

#2 iiimee, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. Flatulentius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm with iiimee, not interested in kids. Much of that comes from seeing my straight married friends with their toddlers and elementary aged kids, and feeling like raising kids would take a special dispensation of patience that I lack. But if I were married, stories like this make me feel like caring for a foster kid would be a path that hypothetical partner and I would consider.

4. Nikky DoUrden

25,000 is a huge number, and im deeply disappointed to hear it happens in the USA. why dont they take care of them in the form of orphanages (or something of the sort) ?