1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian Soapie goes Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Micah, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Micah

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,25169625-10229,00.html?from=public_rss

Honestly cannot believe this made front page news in some states here. GET THE FRICK OVER IT.

2. jony8472

True true =P

Where's all the front page news about the multiple straight scandals in soapies=P

ah well ^_^

I don't really watch soapies so should be cool bananas ^__^

3. davo-man

Is it sad that I was less excited about the gay-ness and more excited that an Ex-Blue Water High graduate is making their way onto the big time in Aussie TV

4. Stuie

I would only ever consider watching Home and Away if they managed to make those "dance scenes" twenty minute long, massively overchoreographed dance spectaculars with the whole cast ending up on the floor singing doing that stupid people lying on the floor starry thing and at least thirty people in banana suits dancing along. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But yeah, a single lesbian couple isn't going to get me watching Home and Away.

5. Alex19

they have a gay relationship going on in As the world turns. the only one in america that has tackled the gay aspect. and its shocking b/c they wouldnt show the two guys kissing for a long time but ppl complained that they wanted them to show it, so they did. kinda surprising, right? yay ATWT!

6. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    aww wish i cud watch home and away and in regards to alex19 as the world turns isnt the only american soap to tackle homosexual relationships all my children have been doing it for years and had the first lesbian kiss and first gay wedding on amercian daytime tv

7. riddlerno1

"Conservative family groups have reacted angrily to the plot in the PG-rated show, which boasts a large child and teen fan base. "They (Home and Away) continue to market to kids and they continue to develop quite sexualised plot lines," Pro-Family Perspectives director Angela Conway said.

"The plot lines that young kids and teenagers should be presented with should be about really authentic relationships that are not just sexualised."

Im sorry but is this woman stupid!! Suerly a teen fanbase can only benefit from something with a storyline like this!! Surely this cant be the first gay/lesbian storyline that Home and Away have done. In the UK now, someone correct me if im wrong but nearly all the soaps have covered the sexuality angle with very positive responses.

8. RENThead

woot
    i dont watch home and away that much - about once a fortnight...
    might just have to watch it more often for a few weeks :slight_smile:

9. aussie paul

i've been watching H & A for years and years! Tonight's episode introduced a gay woman. It was done quite well I thought. here is the official link: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/ .. Please, this is not an 'off site profile'. It is for a TV show in Australia. It is PG rated (parental guidance) . it shows at 7pm Mon to Fri for most of the year. It's set in an australian coastal town. Paul.

10. Defender

Defender Guest

Lol, the people that have a problem with this are SO stupid.

..I think they should have more of a problem about the show itself, since its so bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha!