1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Pope Francis: It's 'terrible' kids taught they can choose gender

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by entopen, Aug 2, 2016.

1. entopen

2. Glowing Eyes

3. YeeBoady

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I cannot stand religious figures simply because they believe their word is the word of god. I do believe in a higher being and I cannot believe that anyone human has the right to speak for god, and that includes the bible. People like Pope Francis are stuck in their ways and will never see the potential of a world without hatred. My life would be completely for the better if we didn't have such problems with gender and worrying about how we are classified in public groups. I grew up scared of becoming gay, and now I am finally coming to realization that I am gay and I am happy to meet my true self.

4. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's always been a bit frustrating to see people act like Pope Francis is somehow progressive. He sometimes says nice things, and that's a step in the right direction, but he's always been opposed to LGBT rights and shows no sign of changing.

5. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ii'm from the natal country of Pope francis. And all I can say he is a jerk, he was always involved with money laundering involving goberments and he was an ally of the military dictatorship during the 70's. And everyone on Argentina knows that.

He isn't a Saint.

#5 AyaseKishimoto, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kira: It's terrible that vulnerable and impressionable children are taught if they don't live a certain way that they'll be impaled on demon pitchforks for all eternity. :confused:

I don't get it.

7. Jellal

In a perfect world people would think for themselves rather than needing to hang on every word dictated by a moral authority ... IMHO the pope is just another guy who I can respect and agree with some of what he says, but the final say for what I do and how I treat/perceive others is up to me.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like the fire and brimstone doctrine that turned me away from the church in the first place.

Hmmm... Free will. Didn't God give mankind that?

The hypocrisy of the Catholic Church or any religion is staggering.

9. Jellyfish Clear

What an asshole. The comment section is even worse. But what I seriously don't get is why people hate and say it is wrong to be trans? I mean just because someone says they feel like a different gender from what they were born as won't kill you or anything. I really don't get bigotry towards trans people.

10. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I admire Pope Francis most of the time. However, I don't approve of this statement, it's simply wrong, threatening, and doesn't do anything good towards children struggling with their gender identity.

11. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't think gender could be chosen (but trans and NB genders were real and you couldn't choose against this if it was what you are) [?]

Note I didn't read the article, I probably should, but I've got work in 15 minutes.

#11 Secrets5, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  12. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This pisses me off so much. Where I'm from the politics are all largely based on religion and whenever there is some big story or new law being passed they ask the church for a statement. I don't understand why it's so important. Religion should not be a part of politics.

13. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We don't choose our f***ing gender. Who says that? Do trans people say that? No, we don't.

I agree with the man in that you cannot choose your identity. You are what you are. But that person is established in the brain, mind, soul, or what have you. Arbitrary sexual characteristics do not define who someone is or should be.

This kind of thing is exactly what my parents told me when I came out. It drives me so mad, because no matter how much you explain, no matter the evidence, no matter the lives saved, they just don't get it. They cannot move beyond their narrow and presumptuous way of thinking.

14. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I disagree with that. I find it worse that people claim to be saints but spend more time trying to be arbiters to consensual lifestyles than cleaning up poverty.

15. Serafi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He has no idea what he's talking about. This concerns me also because I have several Catholic family members who were lukewarm about me being trans, and they're very likely to be influenced by the pope.

17. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sigh* One of my best friends is Catholic and they are both sexually queer and genderqueer. Every time I read something like this it breaks my heart because I know this hurts them.

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need to show up at my church and see how it goes sometime. Would be a good experiment to show the evil of organized religion.

19. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone giving everyone else a bad name.. The pope does not speak for all Catholics or any other religion for that matter...
    @Kasey You would be more than welcome to come to my church where we would accept you with open arms and allow you to make decisions for yourself whilst not imposing our beliefs or labeling your life as a *Life Style*. My family has been running the church for 120+ years, so we are if anything well versed.

Funny though, Pope Francis is nothing but an Idol with a title on a podium speaking the echoes of bigotry. According to the bible all sin is =, citing a new "sin" (Made by himself of course) as the ultimate "sin" is inherently wrong. At this I truly wonder if he reads the Holy Book back words -_-

20. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comments like this are hilarious because a lot of trans people WISH they could choose their own gender to match up with their designated sex. How much easier would that make our lives? Not dealing with dysphoria and transphobes. Damn I wish his thinking was true.