1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Abused puppy dies despite heroic efforts to save him

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by piano71, Aug 19, 2016.

1. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Links (warning - disturbing content):

Initial report and fund-raising effort for medical care: https://hendrickboards.com/save-caleb-rdr
    David Hendrickson's reaction upon learning Caleb passed: https://www.facebook.com/hendrickboards/videos/1274745305893443/

Caleb, a three-month-old puppy, suffered horrific torture at the hands of a cruel psychopath in Atlanta, Georgia. This sick torturer beat and burned the puppy, and violated the pup's anus causing rectal injuries - then dumped the critically wounded dog in someone's yard. That cruel psychopath has not yet been identified and is still at large.

The puppy, named Caleb during a rescue/rehabilitation attempt, was rushed to an animal hospital and was under intensive care for three days, but succumbed to his injuries and a bloodstream infection.

An openly gay entrepreneur, David Hendrickson, has been active fund-raising to rescue abandoned and abused dogs and restore them to health and happiness. Yet this is one of the worst cases he's ever seen, and Caleb's death nearly broke his spirit and made him question a lot of things about life.

Hopefully he will continue doing work to rescue and rehabilitate dogs!

Now that I have adopted two dogs and "liked" a lot of dog-related pages on Facebook, I've seen a lot of stories about abused and neglected dogs being rescued, but for some reason this particular story REALLY got to me. It makes me wonder WTF is wrong with this country and the world where someone would do something like this.

These kinds of atrocities are what people have done to each other during wars. I cannot comprehend the depth of anger, hate, and cruelty that would compel someone to do this to a little puppy.

Lately I've wondered if the so-called "conservative" movement in this country is really about mainstreaming cruelty. Anything to sabotage the less fortunate, and make them suffer. Such as racially-motivated police killings, unnecessary drug tests for welfare recipients, undermining health care reform, selling people into private prisons, keeping the minimum wage well below poverty level, etc. If this country is going to be healed, this contingent that celebrates and promotes cruelty must be removed from positions of power and influence.