1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Committee Approves Gay Marriage Bill

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EM68, Mar 20, 2009.

1. EM68

2. Alex19

go Vermont!!

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hooray!

Also, everyone vote Yes on the poll there! It's winning, but No isn't far behind.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Awesome!

5. sdc91

"But opponents urged the committee to slow down, complaining the bill is on the fast-track to becoming law.
    'I look at your language and I look at this language and they're in conflict,' said Bishop Richard Callahan of the Maranatha Christian Church, as he held up a Bible."

Separation of church and state, much?

6. Greggers

Wow.

The Bible is not what the constitution is based on, ugh. :bang:

AND even then, the bible and homosexuality is a topic that is VERY controversial. Many of the larger biblical groups dont view it as a sickness or evil anymore.

7. Emberstone

whats funny, jesus rejects the passages of the old testimate that can be construed as anti homosexual. he never speaks out against it, but alot of fundementalist chirstians push the lie that he does. It goes to show that there are many people who call themselves about chirstians, but know very little about chirstanity and christ. hence why chirstians gets a bad rap as being hate mongers... because there are quite a few vocal ones in a minority so small, that it is sad that their bigotry gives the rest of us chirstians such a bad name... and we outnumber them thousands to one probably.

8. Just Adam

i voted yes to gay marraige everyone deserves a chance to express theyre love :grin:

9. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Wow, I am amazed! Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Maine, Vermont! All possibilities! Even New York recognizes foreign same-sex marriage.

10. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    The most progressive states in the US concerning same-sex marriage issues are: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Washington, Maryland, Hawaii, California, Oregon, New York, and New Mexico. These states either recognize same-sex marriages, civil unions with marriage-related rights, or enumerated marriage-related rights, or foreign same-sex marriages. However, there still exist barriers to true recognition of same-sex marriages. There are statues or constitution banning such marriages in the states.

11. Colly

But it's defiantly a step in the right direction! Here's hoping that the desired outcome comes through for all :slight_smile:

12. Just Adam

yea itll be great if the right outcome happens :slight_smile:

13. Techcompu2

I do not remember where I found this but I thought it sounded great so I copied it onto my computer. I think that it might be good to post it here. if any of the mods find a problem with it feel free to delete it.