1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Vagina Monologues cancelled, more intersectional replacement

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by KaySee, Oct 12, 2016.

1. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Vagina Monologues cancelled at Southwestern; it only offers white woman’s experience (Mar 24, 2016)

2. photoguy93

The only issue I have with doing things like this is -- where does the buck stop? My close friend has Turner's Syndrome and will not be able to have children - is she represented? What about Asians? Native Americans? Women with mental illness?

I do not want anyone to take this as being racist - just pointing out that we can all see the beauty in things. Just because we don't see someone who looks exactly like us, doesn't mean we don't matter. <3

3. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand that you are not trying to be racist, but the fact is, that certain groups, such as white men, are extremely over-represented, so there is nothing wrong with trying to get a little more diversity out there!

4. Flowey

Bwuahahahahahahahaha, vagina monologues, ahahahaha, that's hilarious

5. photoguy93

It is a start, yes - but it's part of how our culture can only focus on one thing at a time. It'll take time but again, it's something. :slight_smile: