1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News North Carolina Republican office fire-bombed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Oct 17, 2016.

1. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Though, it could've been a false flag to drum up us vs. them rhetoric. I know some would not fail to see a conspiracy had the ideologies of the parties involved in this incident been flipped.

Nonetheless, if legitimate, this is surely a sign of the decaying political discourse in this nation. Those who say we are on the brink of another civil war may not be so far off.

3. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I may may be the farthest one can be from a republican but i think we can all i agree that it is terrible that these people were targetted and thankfully no one was killed.

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's utterly deplorable.

Those who oppose Trump should be appalled by his behaviour. To retaliate like this just demonstrates that whoever is responsible completely missed the point about the democratic process.

5. AKTodd

I've seen multiple reports on this in the news the last day or two. None of them were what I would consider 'flippant'. Virtually all of them that I saw condemned the act.

In addition, there have been several reports, such as the one HERE, that Democrats used a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help get the office re-opened as quickly as possible.

Todd

6. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As someone who has seen left-wingers in action, I'd willingly bet a couple of fingers as to who was responsible for that one. Still whoever was behind it, I'd say some overemotional BLM enthusiast had the idiocy of choosing a swing state to carry out the attack, relatively close to election day.

https://twitter.com/IamQueenAri/status/786222403206598656

That's UC Irvine on October 7th and it sounds very democratic to me.

7. YeahpIdk

Lol, as someone who's seen "left-wingers" in action? Many of us sane non-white supremacists wouldn't be at all surprised if this is a sad attempt by drumps' dumps to evoke some kind of sympathy. I feel confident in saying if so, the attempt has grossly failed.

It's bad. We're glad no one got hurt. But it's a little odd for someone who is against Trump and his supporters to spray paint a message like that WITH a swastika. Gotta say, that's primarily been that side's brush work. Historically.

And please do not refer to Black Lives Matter supporters as "overemotional" and unjustifiably name them as the ones who would do something like this. It's pretty inconsistent if you know what the movement, which is a peaceful one, is about. And pretty damn racist. Check some of that privilege you've got there. :slight_smile:

8. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah the movement is so peaceful that they practically disrupted an Orlando memorial because they felt that the shooting in Orlando was diverting attention from a police shooting. It is so peaceful in fact that Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey gave them their own emoji, which is comprised of 3 clenched fists, each a shade darker than the other. A clenched fist is very shocking peaceful, innit.

Yeah I've seen ''left-wingers'' in action, and either there is an epidemic of blindness or one of denial. It's that mud-slinging accompanied by accusations of ''privilege'' that ring alarm bells. I've seen the disruptions in blue states get extremely physical, yet it was on a narrative different from what the mainstream media, which is colluding with the DNC, has been laying out.

The message was directed at ''Nazi Republicans''. Secondly liberals have destroyed property with Trump-related memorabilia or have stolen them. This happens excessively often in particular states such as a car vandalized because of a Trump bumper sticker.

White supremacy is a sham. It doesn't exist in a threatening form. The KKK has zero influence nowadays and there are about a thousand or so active members left in the US. If a bunch of men like to gather around, say racist things amongst themselves and burn crosses, that's their affair. However it is the people's affair when a supremacy group like BLM gets physical, and along with the incitement of the entertainment industry like Beyonce advocate for police shootings. I've seen plenty of twitter posts from prominent members of BLM, which included advocated shooting cops just 1 day before the Dallas shootings.

------

Since this has nothing to do with the thread feel free to message me and I'll supply you with proof, though I have no doubt you'll excuse that behaviour somehow.

#8 A Republican, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  9. YeahpIdk

I don't have the energetic bandwidth one needs to have a (usually pointless) discussion with you about how enormously ignorant you sound. You're either highly privileged (cis white Christian male in a comfortable socioeconomic position, besides your potential orientation), or delusional and self loathing. I will never understand how someone who is gay could support a party that has done everything it can to fight against human rights, most especially that particular group of people's. It's on par with women who support Trump.

You could send me a document written and signed by the Dali Llama talking about how horrible "liberals" and people who fight to keep humanity from imploding in on itself are. I'm not blind enough to not recognize that systemic racism is extremely real. That rape culture is extremely real. That privilege is extremely real. And I am thankful that I'm not.

And Beyoncé never advocated, NOT EVEN ONCE, to shoot cops. Ever. Ever ever. The fact that you said that shows how you really don't pay that much attention. Have fun with it.

10. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Some members of black lives matter have been extremists and did things that were incredibly wrong. One shouldn't judge a movement based on individuals though there are plenty of peaceful members who just want equality and have nothing to do with the deeds of these individuals.

I think the concept of " privilege" is bullshit but that's just me.

Either way to the topic at hand: No prove means no prove. It could have been left people or right people trying to frame left people. Both extremes have done their fair share of violence etc. thus the words extremists. But again the acts of individuals should never be used to define a whole movement with hundreds of people in it. On the other hand with what the right has done at other points it is uncalled for to now start playing the victim card.

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2016 at 11:41 PM ----------

Also I would be very pleased if people would stop to refer to others as Nazis or compare Trump to Hitler. -.-

11. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi honey I know you don't like facts.

:icon_wink

It's not me who is blind. The attitude in the VMAs, by Beyonce and the members of the entertainment industry, Colin Kaepernick and pretty much overemotional self-entitled wet snowflakes (looks like we have one here) is encouraging the black community to think that the cops are waging war with them when FBI statistics show that deaths of blacks are largely perpetrated by blacks.

And yes Beyonce in particular is implicitly responsible as she never paid tribute to the Dallas cops but made a huge fuss on (was it Phillando Castille?) the day before the Dallas shootings.

The majority of BLM is racist because the people who run and support it are that way and they're defended by people who squeal ''PRIVILEGE'' at every criticism. Equality is one thing, but America has never been more divided than when Obama took office. Race relations have clearly worsened with his second term.

12. Flowey

Has anyone said: "the left must cease their hateful rhetoric" yet? lol

13. Linkmaste

I'm not sure if I should say this but I was abused and assaulted by a man of colour and I had to apologize to him because I was accused of being racist to him. I'm not sure if it's because I'm white or if I'm a woman and I'm treated as a object than a person but I think there are bad apples that ruin the bunch of a group. Are there bad apples in the police? Of course, just the same as the BLM thst rook Toronto Pride and ordered it to stop because they said they were more important. I think BLM has a good concept and ideology but perhaps their exceution and individual motivation could be fine tuned.

It's a hard topic in the states and I'm glad things in Canada havn't gone to the extreme. But I hope that someday I can be able to stand up for myself and not fear that no one will hear me because I'm a white lesbian woman. I think that's sad in itself.

On topic, I might consider telling my parents to cancel their trip to NC. I don't like the idea of them getting involved nor getting hurt. It feels very tense down there.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's clear you have no concept of privilege and the problems in America that it causes. The people who most deny privilege tend to be the ones who are most unaware of their own privilege; as one scholar who studies privilege said "Fish aren't aware of the water because they live in it", and privilege is much the same way. It is only when it is brought to our attention that we see it, and it makes us uncomfortable. The evidence for ongoing racism (not to mention sexism, heterosexism, ableism, and so forth) in this country is voluminous and, unless one is completely ignorant and utterly incapable of critical thought, impossible to deny.

The situation with the Republican office is deplorable. No one, of any ethnic background, or political party, should find it acceptable to do this sort of thing under any circumstances. So instead of bickering over who might be responsible, I would suggest that we all unite in condemning the action, and, as the folks that set up the GoFundMe did, put aside partisan differences to recognize how unacceptable that action was and work toward a society where that is not considered an option.