1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Project Veritas releases viral video on incitement of violence by DNC @ Trump rallies

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Oct 18, 2016.

1. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let me start by saying that I didn't like the idea of making a second thread in this section so soon but this was out yesterday and looking at the way things are, this is huge.

It has gone viral since yesterday, with nearly 2.5M views despite the mainstream media ignoring it entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY

^ short version: The Democrats and the Clinton campaign paid off people to provoke people at Trump rallies where there was coverage so that the compliant media would focus on the scuffles and present the narrative that Trump supporters were racist, bigoted and violent, which is a narrative some are very eager to swallow. This was done in order to try and secure the election for Hillary and this has been going on for many months.

The 16-minute video should have a 2nd part coming in shortly, very conveniently before the last debate (which has the most influence).

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Re: Project Veritas releases viral video on incitement of violence by DNC @ Trump ral

Honestly? I don't believe for a second that either of them is playing fair. And it annoys me how both Trump and Hillary supporters just want to see that one narrative with themselves good and the other side bad. I mean it's politics there's always more than one viewpoint especially in this case it seems.

What I'm always asking myself in this debate is: where is the actual democracy in America? I mean it is clearly there on paper but...in reality...only rich people can become president: how is that fair or equal? I know it's due to the countries size but..still..
    How is it that people have so few choices and some just vote by candidate not by politics. At this rate most people agree with as many points as they disagree in one and the same candidate.
    How is it possible that despite the blatant unpopularity of both candidates the people of the country aren't able to demand other candidates from their parties or that any candidate besides these two stands no chance? John Locke would be horrified by the idea alone.
    How can it be that a candidate doesn't have to know anything about...you know..politics..to be nominated?

I don't mean to attack America as a country but it's just mindblowing to see this kind of presidential vote going down in one of the countries that stands most for democracy.
    Trump , Clinton these other candidates...I don't ever care...it's all just ...ugh...

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2016 at 05:46 PM ----------

Sorry that went kinda off topic...* sweatdrop*

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2016 at 05:49 PM ----------

Bit yeah it's unbelievable how this is done by someone who wants to become president of a democratic country regardless of what Trump is, isn't or how one stands towards his personality and politics..

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2016 at 05:51 PM ----------

I probably shouldn't be allowed to post while the meds are wearing of... Logging out now before I post even more nonsense ...

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Project Veritas releases viral video on incitement of violence by DNC @ Trump ral

This is likely just as accurate, and just as much taken out of context, as the bullshit Planned Parenthood videos that were proven to insert completely false and unrelated video clips.

From watching the video clips in this "documentary", most are so short, and taken so out of context (or including people who are only peripherally involved with the DNC or clinton campaigns) that it's impossible to understand the full context.

Are both sides playing less that ethically? For sure. But the bottom line is, you can't incite people to violence who don't already have the tendency to go there. And anyone who honestly believes that the Trump campaign, from the top down, isn't actively and overtly lying to everyone (it's been documented thousands of times)... I really don't have much of anything to say.

This is just another attempt at distraction from the core, important issues. As LGBT people (and, for that matter, for anyone for whom basic human decency matters), it is absolutely crucial that the Supreme Court not be filled with racist, ignorant bigots who will roll back 50+ years of social progress, protections on air and water, protections ensuring fair housing, employment, education, access to medical care, and other initiatives that have been put in place over the past 5 decades. A conservative Supreme Court could (and already has) undo a lot of crucial protections.

And that's only one of many valid reasons why there's really no logical argument here unless one is so full of self-hatred that s/he wants to elect someone who will effectively revoke all rights and protections that s/he now enjoys.

4. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

So you're saying it doesn't matter if an election is rigged as long as the party you support wins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=hDc8PVCvfKs

No matter how much you dismiss the allegations as unimportant or frivolous, this contradicts the very spirit of which the Democratic Party supposedly stands for and it was real enough for Fovel to get fired and for the MSM to remain quiet. The first one was illegal and the second video is living proof as to just how far the system is rigged.

Secondly, oh please. Trump is more pro gay than Hillary is and even forced the Republican Party to the center, risking his popularity amongst republicans. Anyone would think that if he won, his supporters would come at us with pitchforks. Except the reality is someone else holds the pitchfork.

Here is the Democratic response of a fellow Democrat in regard to a gay man with the wrong opinions, just like me:

[​IMG]

Regarding the videos, you're practically justifying that behaviour on the basis that there would be no shift in the Supreme Court. Yikes.

5. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

No, I'm saying the video is likely grossly mischaracterizing the truth. And, actually, I did further investigation, and it's produced by the same piece of shit that did the hit piece on ACORN and on Planned Parenthood, using deceptive, out-of-context, and totally made-up stories and unrelated footage to undermine two long-established and good organizations. This guy is a complete piece of shit and nothing he puts out can remotely be trusted.

Actually, it contradicts the very spirit of what democracy represents, not just the democrats. Unfortunately, both parties have long engaged in shady practices. However, the Repubs are generally recognized by nonpartisan sources as being more shady in their practices than the Dems. (I know you won't agree, but check out some of the nonpartisan sources looking at such things; look at voter registration suppression, the reduction of voting machines in liberal areas of swing states like Ohio, the perennial fraud in Florida, the jerrymandering of congressional districts by Repubs, and on and on... repubs are in the minority in the country, so they only way they can win is by cheating (read what Nate Silver, who is quite nonpartisan, has said on that), and that isn't really in dispute by anyone credible, either.

If you honestly believe that... I don't know what to tell you. That's a delusion. All you have to do is look at what he's on video saying in the past 6 months. He's against gay marriage, against trans rights, and for "religious freedom" bills, which are thinly masked bigotry.

*If* the information in the videos was correct and accurate and in context, then we'd have something to talk about. Given the history of the turdblossom who made the video, I don't think we have to worry about whether or not the video is a fair representation. He's never done anything that wasn't a blatant hack job.

And since you seem to think Trump is a viable alternative... again, there really isn't much I can say to you. The fact that all of the living Republican former presidents are voting for Hillary, and numerous conservative newspapers, columnists, commentators, congresspeople, and others -- people who have been lifelong conservatives -- are vehemently against Trump says it all. We can have a sensible conversation about Democratic and Republican differences but in all seriousness.. anyone who thinks they can credibly support Trump has serious issues with critical thinking skills and ability to evaluate facts.

Edit:

Here's a really powerful video. In it, Steve Schmidt, a longtime Republican campaign strategist, who has served on a number of major campaigns, including presidential ones, talks about how Trump is a symptom of what he calls "the intellectual rot" that has taken over the Republican party. This isn't intended as a rip on Republicans on the whole; it's saying that the party has lost its way, and that Trump is an extreme example of what's gone wrong. I don't know that this will influence you, but it's a pretty clear explanation -- by a lifelong Republican -- of why Trump is utterly unqualified and represents the worst candidate the country has ever seen.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/...tellectual-rot-empowering-donald-trump/213660

6. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Of course you can incite people to get violent if they don't have a tendency to go there. Not only to people have limits, but what I got out of this is that both the inciter and the victim could be in on it.

And seriously? You are calling out the Trump Campaign on lying, AND you have nothing left to say? The sheer amount of lies that the Hillary Campaign has spat out is terrifying. (it's been documented thousands of times)...

I think that you give a lot of solid advice Chip, and I don't blame people to vote based on there LGBT views, but I'd have to say the same thing to you, the idea that you think you aren't being lied to by the Hillary campaign shows that you are just as gullible as people who swallow what Trump feeds them.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's disingenuous, Chip. Where do you get that idea? First, there are only two living Republican former presidents - George H. Bush and George H.W. Bush. Second, both have said publicly they will abstain, but neither said they would vote for Hillary.

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I had an argument about these videos with some hard-right Liberals at my uni. It was amazing that, no matter how much I demonstrated that the video was not reliable, the sentence I'd get in response always began with "but in the video it shows..."

The video is not credible. The author is not credible. The video clearly stops when more context is forthcoming.

For example, at around 10:20, Foval's comment that "[the DNC has] to be really careful because, because what we don't need is for it to show up on CNN that the DNC paid for X people to, that's not going to happen" could very reasonably, and given where it cuts off, probably does mean that he was ruling out actively paying protesters because of that perception.

A video which deliberately removes context is not reliable. A video produced by a man with a history of doctoring videos to create viral hit pieces against Democratic politicians is not reliable.

Additionally, paranoid rubbish like this unnecessarily and unethically fuels a belief that American democracy is rigged. And not in the way it actually is (gerrymandered and restricted in the pretence of preventing fraud), but in a way that will make Republicans feel that the Democrats and Hillary Clinton are ineligible to win, which runs contrary to every principle and tradition an official opposition in a civilised democracy should abide by. It feeds into a corrosive, obstructionist opposition party in a society that's polarised enough.

Additionally, even the allegations aren't that horrendous. "Inciting violence" removes all responsibility from the violent actors in this case. Incitement is the act of goading, of taunting and of actively encouraging violence. Wearing a shirt and shouting protests isn't an invitation to violence, unless you accept that Trump supporters are such barbarians that they're incapable of non-violent expression. I don't. I think the average Trump supporter is much more capable of basic decency than that.

We should all demand a higher standard of politicians. But we should also doubt mudslinging and expect high journalistic and evidentiary standards. This fails on both accounts. The evidence is poor and even the sloppiest journalist would not see this released without more fact-checking and more comprehensive footage.

#8 Aussie792, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. yuanzi

Okay I just have to say this. A Project Veritas 'undercover reporter' came to my uni last year and recorded a private conversation with a dean without the dean's knowledge. A few days later they came up with a video claiming that my uni 'welcome isis fighters to come and train on campus'. In the posted video, they completely edited out the question part and only kept the part where the dean said the university would be supportive of students starting humanitarian clubs for causes they believed in.

So now it is very hard for me to take anything associated with Project Veritas seriously...

10. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If I got that wrong, I apologize. I know I read that neither is voting for Trump, and I know that Barbara Bush has also condemned Trump. That alone speaks volumes. I seriously doubt we've ever had former presidents voting against, or not voting for, the presidential nominee of their party before this year. And in addition to that, we have an unprecedented situation with an astounding number of normally extremely partisan Republicans (I'm talking upper-echelon, elite republicans -- the educated and intelligent ones) saying that it is unconscionable to vote for Trump.

I've never said that the Clinton campaign is completely forthright in what they're saying. Like all modern political candidates, there's a lot of spin, omission, misrepresentation, and so forth.

As I said before, there's shady behavior and dirty tactics from both parties. But there's an enormous, fundamental difference between Clinton and Trump, and pretty much *everyone* who is educated and capable of complex critical thought gets it.

Trump is pretty much a pathological liar, is corrupt as hell, has been embroiled in thousands of lawsuits (most of which he's settled), and there are now dozens of corroborated accusations of sexual assault and other inappropriate behavior. Additionally, there's the documented racism, sexism, misogynistic views, the desire to muzzle the press and stifle the voices of those who disagree with him... and that's why there's such an unprecedented alliance between media, news media, politicians on both sides of the aisle, big business, and just about everyone else saying that Trump is simply not stable enough nor qualified to be the president. This isn't reporting by the Clinton campaign or the news media... this is commentary by a broad coalition of people with different values and beliefs, all coming together to say that electing Trump is a terrible idea.

The fact that anyone can seriously consider Trump with all that's come out is, quite simply, unfathomable and horrifying. Hillary has her issues, but they are dwarfed by Trump's gross lack of qualification for dozens of reasons.

11. DoriaN

"Trump said "grab em by the pussy", the media lost their minds. This is released, with people on camera confessing crimes, nobody gives a shit.

I'm don't even trust the weather forecast from mainstream media."

The video may not be perfect, but it does indeed show some alarming clips irregardless. Scott Foval was fired because of it, whereas Bob Creamer just stepped down, very interesting.

This quote almost speaks exactly the same for Hillary you know. She is no less guilty of lying, being corrupt, breaking the law multiple times, muzzling the press, using the press, etcetera. She should actually be in jail. Not saying Trump is better, but in terms of integrity I don't see him as being much worse.
    Even Obama said that making big claims without necessarily being able to implement them or being honest is part of the campaign process to get elected. He himself was found lying on numerous occasions from start to finish, as he now endorses and speaks highly of Hillary; 'Obama 2.0' .

12. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If you honestly believe the above, there is really nothing I can say. The differences are so blatantly obvious to anyone with reasonable critical thinking skills (which includes the Pope, former Republican presidents, and most major Republican leadership, all of whom are clear that there's no comparision and Trump is incredibly dangerous) that to further engage is rather pointless.

13. DoriaN

I get that you're a Hillary supporter, but you really don't believe any of the above? Even when it's fact? I didn't bring any of my own views into it but to mimic your response I find it equally startling.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

But everything in your argument is contingent on this, which you've just not demonstrated given the absolute unreliability of Project Veritas.

15. DoriaN

It's not reliant on the project, it was spoken broadly in everything she has done.

16. YeahpIdk

Chip having to repeat how obviously overtly unethical and disasterous a Trump presidency would be is the reason we (and awkwardly enough themselves) call Trump supporters "deplorables," and then shut them out as much as possible so we don't literally tear our retina's from opening our eyes too widely when we have to read and hear the dumb shittrash they speak.

This is the most horrific election many of us have been part of. Is Hillary ideal, no, but she's a beautiful shiny fairy Godmother next to Trump. I really don't even want to say anything on these posts, because it's useless and sad. I feel bad for people who are confused enough to think Trump is an ideal candidate. But if any of you are actually from the regions stated in your location box, let me add another voice to this post when I say, Americans don't stand for that shit. No one with any kind of human decency, irregardless of education level, want anything to do with the 1950s Deep South flashback a Trump presidency is touting as "the good ole days."

As a woman. As a gay woman. As a gay non racist woman. As a gay non racist woman who cares about the future of the planet they inhabit, no freaking way. No, no, no NEVER. Most people in this country are too educated and too sensitized to human emotions to think his presidency would ever be okay. If anything, most of us think this entire election is some insane conspiracy because, honestly, how hard is it to choose between an orange ape and someone who's dedicated their entire life to politics? Doesn't seem too hard, but since we're seeing that, for some people, perhaps it is, we also have to keep in mind that we're quite possibly witnessing the most disgustingly nasty crud that this country still happens to host. Believe me, it's not flying. There's no way Trump is getting in. I'm not all that worried. If he does somehow, I can tell you, there will be some insane riots and mass hysteria. And then I don't know from there. No one normal wants this man to be president. There's no comparison of utter evil and disgust between he and Hillary. If you'd like to know real information, there's this thing called Google. I'd hit the first few articles. Maybe even try out Wikipedia. It's pretty accurate these days. Continue wasting your time defending someone who, if you really are gay, would never ever defend you. And if you're not even American, wants you locked out of this country.

Lol. Didn't even remember that. Literally anyone here trying to defend him, if you're not even an American, go ahead and read the shit he says about non-Americans. If he was president, you'd be locked out forever. Peace.

#16 YeahpIdk, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  17. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

@Chip - So someone is a piece of shit because he says things that you don't like? I can't comment on the other videos as I have not seen them, but this is election-related footage, which is definitely in-context. I would find it hard to believe that Republicans can try to rig an election in their favour, the people who really like Trump (me being one) aren't really a big fan of the Republican elite. Trump was even a Democrat up until recently and we all view him as an independent or alt-right figure cut away from the establishment. America has never had anyone like Trump and that adds to the charisma.

Where are you getting this information? He had his flags lowered to half-mast in the memory of Orlando victims, he made various posts throughout June in support of gays including how beautiful he had found Elton John's marriage despite earlier videos showing him disagreeing with gay marriage. In the RNC, Peter Thiel received a standing ovation for coming out as both gay and as a Republican. He caused a storm during the primaries within his own party when he said he didn't care which bathroom Caitlyn Jenner would use in Trump Tower. You can look this stuff up with a simple internet search, it's simple, it's real and verifiable. One more thing, you do know that Clinton voted against gay marriage about 14 years ago? But now that it is politically advantageous she is very much in favour?

Hillary Clinton supports a 550% increase in Syrian refugees, people who come from extremely anti-LGBT countries. id you know that his ''extreme vetting'' questions include treatment about LGBT people? I care about the threats that refugees and an open-border policy bring to people like us, even though the majority are completely blind to this danger. Trump recognized it, or said one thing that many in this forum appear to be afraid to say, that Islam holds people like us in distaste. Say what you like about Christianity, but the most a Christian has done (and I live in a very religious country) is pray for my soul or being told in eloquent language, that ''God hates gays''. On four separate occasions, Muslims have threatened to kill me for who I am and that is excluding threats of physical violence. Trump recognizes the threat of radical Islam and that prevents attacks like the one in Orlando which prevents radicals like the shooter's father coming here and indoctrinating his gay son to the extent that he goes on a rampage. That matters, we matter and holding hands and saying ''love wins'' with some hashtags on twitter or instagram won't make us any less safe from a threat that the US Government refuses to recognize.

On the subject of bigotry, Trump has been in the public eye for 30 years. He was only accused of being racist when he decided to run against the Democrats.

So we're talking about the ''boy who cried wolf'' thingy. Except the media skillfully portrays Trump in a terrible manner by cutting across his speeches and tries to make him look ridiculous and out of context. Have you watched a full Trump rally from start to finish? I've watched a Clinton rally entirely, even if I was gagging throughout.

The information was so fake that immediately afterwards the guys who were filmed were fired or dismissed - if they were innocent that wouldn't have happened or it would have been prolonged.

Actually I don't think Trump is a viable alternative because he is the guy I'd enthusiastically vote (I can't remember being excited about politics, I merely see it as a duty as opposed something I'm very engaged in, such as the referendum we're having here but even that doesn't compare) for as opposed to ''ugh, let's vote Trump to keep Killary out of office''. I'm truly jealous of Americans over that, but I've done my bit earlier by talking to undecided people about Hillary Clinton's track record, her unfitness to be a role model for women and her scandals and threat to national security. Politifact, an extremely biased liberal fact-checker (I finally know this is the case because they rated Trump's accusation of Clinton wanting open borders as mostly false even though she is seen saying she is in favour in the last debate) says it is half true that a nuclear war with Russia is more likely with Clinton in office. I'm still trying to figure out why so many people here are so pro-Clinton, when they have such a viable alternative for change in Trump. I was surprised at how many Americans know nothing on the past of Hillary Clinton, because of course the only thing the media airs is negatives of Trump, so much so, he was overly-enthusiastic in the last debate over having a moderator who questioned Clinton on her scandals and didn't let her get away with it.

Lifelong conservatives are knowingly corrupt and they are scared because he has pushed the Republican party to the center. Once another Republican wants to run, if he or she is not remotely similar to Trump, then they have no enthusiasm and no chance.

@Video, yeah, they are the same people which the little common people who gave Trump the highest number of votes ever given to a republican have a hatred of, the so-called establishment elite, who laugh over expensive dinners and keep it cosy with their donors. Yeah, times are changing and those people are being left behind. And did you seriously think that both Bushes would have backed Trump after he literally slaughtered Jeb *please clap* Bush? The guy spent nearly a 150M dollars and was out after a few weeks in the primaries.

18. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I like how you're very accepting, unless it suits your political interests. Trump supporters do not call deplorables because they believe it, but they do it out of anger and the feeling of affront Clinton gave many voters. It is uttered with outrage and disgust and it started from an entrance Trump gave:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEiTKloMgBg

I think you got the Fairy Godfather mixed up in that one. Yes it is useless and sad, because I think that many people who think and speak the way you do are themselves confused after media brainwashing and I feel bad for them. I may not be an American but one vote cannot in any case tip an election, but your voice and persuasion tactics can. Of course I'm not really that well-connected enough but I've spoken to uninformed Americans and they were stunned even when they themselves looked up some of the stuff Hillary Clinton was embroiled in. At best, I gave Trump a handful of voters. At worst, I only lost Clinton several voters. However those who listened to his rallies online have all liked his messages on the economy and the military. Some of them were avid gun owners, so they're voting him over that especially after I pinpointed the NRA endorsement. It's staggering how many Americans sit out of their primaries and have zero idea about the policies of the candidates.

As a gay non racist man. As a gay non racist man who cares about the future of the planet they inhabit, no freaking way. No, no, no NEVER to a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

Yeah, look who Minnesota chose as governor in '99. Such intelligence - and they're the most intelligent state in the US allegedly.

No one, except a few uber-sensitive snowflakes think that ''mean things'' matter more than getting your country back on track. Polls all show that Americans think that the country is going in the wrong direction, and if they want to change that, they have only one option - that is to vote Trump.

For someone who is upset about name-calling, you're practically just as bad as he is in that respect. As for someone who has dedicated their entire life to politics, there is no such candidate running for election: because Clinton's track record shows she is fake, as ackowledged by her own staff in emails sent to each other in their desperation to try and make her look ''less cold and flawed'' - she is corrupt and serves only her interests. She is as cold-blooded as Frank Underwood or Petrov in House of Cards and the corruption and mysterious deaths are all but raising doubts of her fitness to serve. She compromised national security and did it again in the last debate.

Then why are you so upset?
    Oh-oh, here's a ''but if''.

Real evil is Hillary, I can agree with you on that one :slight_smile: If you'd like to know real information, the people who run Google have also rigged the search engine in her favour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg

I checked it out again, watcha knowz, try Hillary Clinton ind... and instead of indictment you get stuff no one really looks for. I used 'e' and I even got Hillary Clinton eyes, but when I looked for ''emails'' Google made sure I got the ''email facts'' as they wanted it to be. The most popular hillary search is her age according to the search suggestion.

So I'll break it down to you, Wikileaks just released a confirmation that Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google parent Company, Alphabet is working with the Clinton campaign.

Oh then you didn't get Trump then. He loves his country and he loves his people. He loves the people that were forgotten by the political process. Best of all, he pisses off the people we dislike the most, with the media being in on top. We'd be locked out if we don't pass the vetting ... for your safety.

Judging by the results of the poll conducted in 2012 (IBD/TIPP Tracking) which was voted as the most accurate poll, Trump has re-taken the lead and Wikileaks are about to release a series of bombshells.

19. YeahpIdk

Yeah.

20. Cinis

Cinis Guest

* looks at your username* ...isn't that kind of contradicting?

So...saying that all Syrians and Muslims hate gays and should be kept out of the country is not racist? Because I have met a lot of them that definitely aren't. Not all Muslims are radical extremists. Not all Syrians are radical extremists. Just saying.