1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mississippi becomes last state to legalize same-sex adoption

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Alexxx12, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Alexxx12

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's about damn time, I'd say. I don't get why states insisted on keeping children homeless. But we all know these aren't the most pragmatic of states.

It will likely be several years until the minds of the general population shift towards more benevolent ideals, change is happening however, even if it takes the pace of an old slug on a glue spill.

3. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Isn't it funny how people call Germany progressive with LGBT rights and yet our adoption laws for same sex couples are behind the US. * sigh*

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a surprise. Oh well at least it's legal now.

5. killswitch0029

As someone who would sooner adopt a child than have one of my own, I think it's a great thing. In the over-populated world we live in there's so many children who deserve a good home with people willing to take care of them, and now that same sex couples in all 50 states can do so it makes me hopeful that more of these children can have such a thing happen to them.