1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News UK's education unit finds some troubling statistics on sex ed.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Canterpiece, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    95% of young people didn

This doesn't really surprise me admittedly, and yeah I know the article is from June this year but still. The statistics on consent are also worrying.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I presume the US statistics are even more problematic.

At some point it certainly needs to be addressed and reformed, however I feel noteworthy civil advancements will likely first take place. The UK has at least taken a few more steps in the direction of advancement.

3. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sad statistic no doubt...

But one honestly has to ask, who the F*** actually needs to be taught about consent? Its not like those people that rape others do so out of negligence, its because they are a rapist who are willfully deciding to force themselves on a non-consenting party.

Having lived in several areas that are full of people that are (somewhat literally) sow low on the IQ scale that if they lost a few points they would not have enough intelligence to wipe there asses themselves when they go to the bathroom. I have yet to see a single person not understand what consent is... Its just bullshit rhetoric to blame others instead of those committing the crimes.

4. GundamExia

yup, can only remember one instance where they ever said what intercourse for heterosexuals really was. They define gay and bi as anyone on the streets would, i.e."men who like men, women who like women, people who like both", teach us all about different forms of contraception, tell us abstinence only, and have us label parts of a penis and vagina. Please tell me somewhere in the us it's better than this.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sad, but unsurprising.

The only time sexual orientation was ever mentioned in my health class was when it was said that heterosexual relationships are ideal... >.< It was extremely heteronormative. I hated that class. I couldn't believe how offensive it was sometimes. And my school is extremely LGBT+-friendly, so I was shocked that the health class would still be that bad!

6. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not surprised at all. The sex education at my school was a complete cop-out: all it talked about was giving birth! Nothing about the act of sex, let alone LGBT sex or relationships.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't.

8. RainydayTofu

RainydayTofu Guest

Yeah, no surprises there... we are so behind the rest of Europe in this (as usual).

I remember our teacher telling us in Sex Ed. that the reason gay people get HIV/AIDS is because they're promiscuous. And I beleived it!

Then we watched some dreadful videos from he 80's about going to the Family Planning Clinic. The bad acting we saw scarred our young, impressionable minds for years! :lol:

9. Ryu

Ryu

Im not even doing it for the next two years. So good job on that one school.