1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News An interesting article about getting naked and cultural implications.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 22, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny that the US, for whatever reason, is more uptight about nudity and body comfort than many (perhaps most) other places. We're taught from birth to be ashamed about our bodies and that nudity is bad and that nudity and sex are essentially the same thing and always "dirty".

I do think, thanks in large part to media, that this perception is slowly changing, but we have a long way to go before we reach the same level of social comfort described in the article.

3. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pretty accurate article, atleast from the finnish perspective.

In most public saunas here it's even forbidden to have a swimsuit or a towel on, when you go in, so you have to go nude. There can be up to 10-15 people in the same sauna, but we're used to it. Personally, I'm not even nervous anymore, when I go there, even though I'm no where near happy with my body, because I've been in public saunas since I was a kid. This might be, because women and men have different saunas and shower spaces. :lol:

It's really funny though, most finns are usually very reserved and quiet (I'm like that too), but many times, when I've been in a public sauna in a spa or something with complete strangers, there have been a casual small talk going on, which would never happen anywhere else :grin:

4. Glowing Eyes

[kind of explicit]
    I first knew what a vagina was 'cause where I lived in Germany, little kids often play naked around water at playgrounds and parks (this was when I was about 6-7 so I wasn't naked).

5. Flowey

Meh, I prefer to go to sauna alone. I love the whole bench to myself.