1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Yet another priest attack on a child

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kira, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. DoriaN

Matthew 18:1-6
    "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know about God yet, but this is strong evidence that the devil is real.

4. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No its not

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so tired of these people getting away with their shit, especially how within the Church, there are rules in place to protect the priests/bishops/pastors and not the victims. It's so fucked up.

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another way to look at these horrific events.

Homosapians, thats modern humans, have been upon the earth for two hundred thousand years - 200,000. We are sexual creatures, even interbreeding with other primates, like neanderthals in Europe. We humans have gotten where we are today via sex. Sex is in our genes.

Christianity has been around for two thousand years - 2000. Christianity is attempting to rewrite what has been occurring for 198,000 years. Da, nature does not work that way.

Let priest be human, let them have families.

Oh and by the way, the earth is four billion years old - 4,000,000,000. So we humans have not been upon the earth very long.

7. faustian1

I'm a bit reticent about these kinds of stories, because of first-hand experience with the legal wars surrounding the Wenatchee witch hunt (1) of the 1990's. Over 25,000 counts of felony child sexual abuse unraveled, when it developed that the state and local authorities had railroaded dozens of poor or minority residents into prison, on trumped up charges.

Further, I would like someone to explain the significance of the drawings shown in the story linked. To me they do not equal an open and shut case, although they are shown as such.

It has not been that long since the thread title might have been, "Yet another queer attack on a child." Here is but one review of a book about that era: Sex-Crime Panic: Could It Happen Today? --a book about the abuse of an Iowa law that lumped homosexuals together with child molesters and murderers.

It's easy to join a lynch mob. Stories about "yet another" priest who assaults a child come uncomfortably close to the idea of "yet another" homosexual who molests a child. I'd rather ask the jurors what they thought of the evidence, after they render a verdict on the guilt of the accused priest, than throw a rope over a tree to dole out punishment with the mob.

(1) For those not familiar with Wenatchee, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenatchee_child_abuse_prosecutions

#7 faustian1, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016