1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with politicans - DADT

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jonah 4, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, this just pisses me off.
    Not only is Obama not going to change the policy but they are going to continue to enforce it. Come on, its not that hard.
    For example...he could...
    1. Issue an exective order ordering the military to stop enforcing the policy.
    2. Tell the democratic leaders to remove funding.
    3. Tell his leaders to vote on the non-controversial bill changing it that over 70% of Americans would support.

But instead, there is just "too much" on his plate. Sorry I'm just a little mad.
    http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/29/gates-dadt-will-wait/
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/fir...s-change-militarys-dont-ask-dont-tell-policy/

2. Just Adam

if i understand this right is it that they are still putting money aside to run what ever is needed to hide information from the public domain when obama said they would be more open?

if it is i cant see much use in it its hard too believe half the stuff we're told in the uk under the freedom of information act, everything thats a poll or report or anything to do with govt i dont trust.

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My question is, "When has a politician filled all of his promises?". It's never happened and never will. That is why I'm not hopeful when it comes to the American Political System. I know it will just go back to "business as usual".

4. Just Adam

its the same here they all talk bollocks

5. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's still not an excuse. And if a politician is unwilling to get rid of DADT then their not likely going to be a friend of the GLBT community ergo we shouldn't support them. I'm not saying I'm giving up on Obama but this strikes me as cowardice and/or deceit. The first of which makes a bad president, and the second untrustworthy.

6. Alex768

I'm not all that horribly upset with the DADT policy. Sure, it's horribly dsicriminating, and has little to no point; but I really don't want to fight for a country that denies me the right to marry.

I think I'm going to be apathetic on this one.:grin:

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Did he flat out say he wasn't going to? I thought he said he was.

And, honestly, he's only been in the office for like 115 days. He still has another 3 years to go... Give'em some time.

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Normally, I would agree with your outrage. Normally, I would be enraged that once again your country's leader has backed down on the promises to the GLBT community.

But this is not a normal situation.

The Obama administration has a load of stuff to deal with right now. Most of it is, unfortunately, more pertinent than getting rid of DADT. Here's a short list of the things that Obama is dealing with right now:

- Afghanistan and renewed involved there
    - Dealing with the economic crisis and all that entails (Car Companies and Banks for example)
    - Climate Change
    - Iraq and the proper withdrawl of troops

Can you see how he might be a little busy with avoiding total disaster?
    It is only two months into the administration and already people are calling for his head on a platter because he hasn't managed to keep every single promise yet.
    Give him time and I'm sure DADT will fall.

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

:slight_smile: Thank you.