Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Current Events, World News, & LGBT News

Current Events, World News, & LGBT News A news forum for posting and discussing news topics regarding the latest breaking news, stories from around the world, and any LGBT related news updates that you and others may find interesting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st Nov 2016, 08:51 PM   #1
EC Addict

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Friends + Sibblings

Deathly Afraid of a Trump President

Anyone else deadly afraid of Trump becoming the next US president. As an athiest member of the LGBT community, a Trump president scares me shitless.
Old 1st Nov 2016, 08:56 PM   #2
EC Addict

Orientation: mostly gay
Out Status: Some people

Re: Deathly Afraid of a Trump President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Anyone else deadly afraid of Trump becoming the next US president. As an athiest member of the LGBT community, a Trump president scares me shitless.
Well, it doesn't look like fun, it's true.

But I lived through Nixon. There was plenty of progress after that train wreck. Trump and Nixon seem to have quite a few things in common. Those things don't portend a long and happy two terms, if there is even one.

And I'm absolutely sure that Donald Trump is an atheist. Now, doesn't that make you feel better?

I'm going to do something special on election night. Away from the media. There'll be time to start the protests, on Wednesday morning.

Last edited by faustian1; 1st Nov 2016 at 08:58 PM..
Old 1st Nov 2016, 09:07 PM   #3
Well Known

Orientation: Demi-Pansexual
Out Status: Immediate Family and Most Friends

Ahhh.... Ok?

What relevancy does being atheist have to that statement?

I wouldn't be too concerned about trump and being LGBT... As long as Pence doesn't become president for some reason, Trump has been a stronger supporter of the LGBT community than Hillary (who flipped to support us only after it had majority support around 2012...

-Hillary supported DOMA (defense of marriage act) in 1996

-Her husband signed into law "Don't ask, Don't tell"

-Recently she tried to claim the POS Nancy Reagan was instrumental in the fight against HIV/AIDS. If you can find anyone that's still alive from that generation that her and her husband let die, you will hear how much she buried it and refused to do anything becuase it didn't fit their christian narrative.

-Look up Wikileaks Hillary lgbt record for more info. Her staff had to figure out how to try to get the bitch to apologize for the Reagan issue, as they knew she doesn't care about the LGBT community.

Stay away from the MSM, you'll end up a brainwashed fool
Old 1st Nov 2016, 09:08 PM   #4
Well Known

Orientation: Demi-Pansexual
Out Status: Immediate Family and Most Friends

Uhhh.... Ok?

I wouldn't be too concerned about trump and being LGBT... As long as Pence doesn't become president for some reason, Trump has been a stronger supporter of the LGBT community than Hillary (who flipped to support us only after it had majority support around 2012...

-Recently she tried to claim the POS Nancy Reagan was instrumental in the fight against HIV/AIDS. If you can find anyone that's still alive from that generation that her and her husband let die, you will hear how much she buried it and refused to do anything becuase it didn't fit their christian narrative.

-Look up Wikileaks Hillary lgbt record for more info. Her staff had to figure out how to try to get the bitch to apologize for the Reagan issue, as they knew she doesn't care about the LGBT community.

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2016 at 11:30 PM ----------

Uhhh.... Ok?

Old 1st Nov 2016, 09:37 PM   #5
Political Addict

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: A few people

I'm a Republican and work for a U.S. Senator, and I'm absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency, too.

But thankfully, he isn't going to win, although I'm not exactly thrilled about Hillary Clinton either.
Old 1st Nov 2016, 09:46 PM   #6
Red Mage Syndrome

Orientation: Lesbian
Out Status: Out to some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
I will second this.
Though, as a person who doesn't even have the guts to put a "keep your theology off my biology" stamp on the car for fear of vandalism or even bombs, I haven't exactly stood up against it at all. If things get too rough, I'll flee, I'm not usually one to stand and fight.

Sure, it doesn't scare me as badly as Cruz turning the US into Christian Saudi Arabia, but I fear things will be going downhill very soon and I wish I could get out sooner. The only reason I've stayed in the US for the past four years or so would be financial and medical limitations. If that gets solved, I'm bolting to the north exit as quick as a flustered cheetah.

Trudeau doesn't seem like the best guy in the world, but I think I can tolerate it as a price for freedom and security.
Old 1st Nov 2016, 10:05 PM   #7
Totally not fabolous or anything~

Orientation: Bisexual, primarily male~.
Out Status: Androgyny is currently closeted, otherwise open.

I wouldn't worry, he's not going to president.

For awhile I kept on flip flopping on which I want less, but I think I've decided that I want Trump less as he just doesn't seem suited to the job at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for Hillary either, she's cold and calculating, but I feel that people are catching on to her schemes more and more anyway, so I'd hope that if she were to do something bad more criticism would be on her than ever before. If something were to happen to Trump, well, then we'd get Pence....

But either, I can understand why people would vote for either one of them, for most people it's just so the other person DOESN'T get elected. And with the mainstream media hammering Trump so hard this whole time and just mentioning or being for Trump is so controversial, I think that will cost him the whole election. He just shot himself in the foot far too many times. And I think that reflects how his presidency would go anyway.

This election will definitely go down in history. Both are so bad that their trash talk about each other is true for the most part, and yet the benefits they claim to have themselves tend to be false for the most part.

I just hope more so than anything that we make it through okay and hopefully have a decent president the next time around.
Old 1st Nov 2016, 10:12 PM   #8
Faux Philosopher

Orientation: Mostly into girls
Out Status: My mom and dad, my sister, and all close friends

I'm sure that Trump, just like Hillary, simply views LGBT people as trophies to make him seem like more of a good guy if he supports them. As for religion, sure a lot of his supporters are Christians but despite all the remarkable amount bullshit Trump spews, I haven't picked up on any coded biblical rhetoric, the kind that you used to hear from George W. Bush. He seems like a perfectly secular douchebag.
Old 1st Nov 2016, 10:23 PM   #9
Totally not fabolous or anything~

Orientation: Bisexual, primarily male~.
Out Status: Androgyny is currently closeted, otherwise open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
I'm sure that Trump, just like Hillary, simply views LGBT people as trophies to make him seem like more of a good guy if he supports them. As for religion, sure a lot of his supporters are Christians but despite all the remarkable amount bullshit Trump spews, I haven't picked up on any coded biblical rhetoric, the kind that you used to hear from George W. Bush. He seems like a perfectly secular douchebag.
I definitely agree to this, in fact the two are much more similar than people think, they're just both trying to appeal to their respective parties in the end. And also lie, of course. Whether it be to appeal to the their collective crowd or to cover their scandals.

And yeah, agreed, he doesn't really have any religious rhetoric, he just makes claims to appeal to the right wing. Such as "No one reads the bible more than I do", which, he probably doesn't that much at all. It's just like how he claims "No one respects women more than I do". It's just claims that he makes. It's also rather strange for him to go after Hillary for her religion when he's more secular than she is.

Last edited by Crimson72; 1st Nov 2016 at 10:24 PM..
Old 1st Nov 2016, 11:38 PM   #10
EC Addict
Threadstarter

Out Status: Friends + Sibblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTurbo90 View Post
Ahhh.... Ok?

I say that because he's against religious minorities. Also Trump said that he will let Pence handle "social, foreign, and domestic policy". Meaning that Pence would help trump decide was judges would be appointed to the supreme court and who would head things such as the DEA. Also I don't watch any mainstream media. I agree that she flip flops terribly but I don't think it's fair to hold her accountable for DADT and and DOMA when that had everything to do with her husband and not her.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 02:59 AM   #11
EC Addict

I do fear a Trump presidency. I do not have a voice in your election. My country and my region will be deeply impacted by whichever administration is elected. The world's capacity to challenge climate change is contingent on a President Clinton keeping to the Paris Agreement and appointing climate regulation-friendly Supreme Court justices. Preventing Chinese expansionism in South-East Asia cannot be guaranteed under a man who sees no principle in sovereignty and free trade. Opposition to Assad is something Clinton would bring to the table, strengthening the EU's principled position on a political transition as opposed to a primitive Putin-Trump realpolitik. The norms set by the world's most powerful nation could justify racism, misogyny and an anti-intellectual insularity across the globe, defying efforts to lift the world's poor into prosperity.

All of those harms occur under a Trump presidency. Like Clinton or not, you don't condemn the rest of the world to uncertainty and instability by electing her.

And for those reasons, I really am begging all Americans here to make that choice not just for their own country, but for a world which relies on your institutions staying strong and your presence remaining constant as a voice for democracy and a strong international system.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 03:34 AM   #12
⋘⋘thunder⋙⋙

Out Status: Out to everyone

I'm not deadly afraid of a Trump presidency. We don't know whether it'll be disastrous or "not good, but not that bad". I personally think that his economic plans won't work out well (at all) and I feel that social issues will not be too important to him, but I may be wrong.

I do think, however, that both of them have their flaws. Yet, I think that Clinton will care more about social issues and I do think that her plans regarding the economy are better than Trump's plans.

Deadly fearing a Trump presidency, to me, seems like fearing a plane crash. Of course, it's devastating and terrible, but I don't think the odds are high. The fear seems somewhat irrational to me. It simply comes down to "how likely do you think president X will screw things up?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian1 View Post
And I'm absolutely sure that Donald Trump is an atheist. Now, doesn't that make you feel better?
Bold statement, but lacks the evidence to back it up.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 03:42 AM   #13
EC Addict

Out Status: fuck that

Whoever wins, I'm preparing for war and economy crisis.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 03:42 AM   #14
Share My Closet.

Out Status: Not out at all

I would not be afraid of Trump. HE will be a million times better than the lying, murderer, thief criminal killary Billary. I have tons of proof!!
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 04:12 AM   #15
EC Addict

Orientation: Demi sexual bisexual ? Kinsey 5
Out Status: out to close friends and family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike92 View Post
I'm a Republican and work for a U.S. Senator, and I'm absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency, too.

But thankfully, he isn't going to win, although I'm not exactly thrilled about Hillary Clinton either.
This! Trump is not going to win. Clinton is going to win, period. I work with the financial markets, so for me this isn't just a personal opinion either.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 06:15 AM   #16
EC Addict

Orientation: No Label! Too Much Stress!
Out Status: Friends, FB, Co-workers(as Bi), Not Family Yet

I honestly don't want him as President either. I heard that they are trying to bring back conversion therapy and that's scary
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 06:33 AM   #17
EC Addict

I've noticed that all of the LGBT people who support Trump are PURELY white gay men. Which goes to show that gay men do have male privilege like they deny that they do. I mean come on. Ok, so he didn't say anything about gay marriage. But Trump himself is a misogynist that wants to send women's rights back 100 years, which affects the female members of the LGBT community. He's a racist, which affects the non-whites of the LGBT community.

I'm not saying Hillary is great or that she hasn't done bad for us. I don't like either candidates this election. But I just fear Trump's values more. I know Hillary has had a past with some misogynist thoughts, but Trump is continuously saying these things in the present, and is convicted of rape himself. I would rather not have to vote for either of them, but again, I dislike Trump more. And I don't get why anyone would legit support him, even if you do hate Hillary.

Last edited by Creativemind; 2nd Nov 2016 at 06:43 AM..
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 06:49 AM   #18
Banned

Out Status: Everyone who matters/anyone who asks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthracite View Post
Whoever wins, I'm preparing for war and economy crisis.
So no changes then.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 07:22 AM   #19
Alien from outer space

Orientation: Pansexual
Out Status: Pretty much everyone

I read something above saying Trump supported us?
Listen, Trump wants votes. Several months back I found two Trump videos online, one saying "I support LGBT people" and another saying. "If I were president, I would try to take back traditional marriage, a man should be with a woman, etc etc."

Trump only says what he thinks different people want to hear. Don't be fooled.
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 08:40 AM   #20
Tatterdemalion and a junketer!

Orientation: lesbian pretty much
Out Status: Anyone who asks, excluding family and such.

Tournaments Won: 10

I'm not from the US and earlier this year I used to joke about secretly wanting Trump to be president just to watch the world burn.

The fact that I don't consider this a joke any more makes my answer pretty evident.
Closed Thread