1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News The pain of war

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey brainwashed,

No offense, but you have no real idea. As a Soldier, I have seen the very worst that people can do to each other. The 'positive' that I take from that is that it gives me such a perspective that the very worst thing going on in my own life these days doesn't hold a candle to what others around the world are experiencing right now. So, I can't complain when I am blessed by comparison.

3. DoriaN

This.

People these days (myself included) often get so caught up in little cares and worries, and in the end they're really insulting to those that go through so much worse and come out so much stronger.
    People have lost a lot of perspective and understanding in these modern times.

4. Jellal

When I was having a tough time being closeted, one of my cousins stayed over at my house. He's an Iraq War veteran. Since returning to the U.S. nine of his friends in the army committed suicide. I had no idea what to say to him. But it sure as hell sobered me and my small problems up right away.