1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News StockMarket confusion during political unrest

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by tgboymom, Nov 7, 2016.

1. tgboymom

Who is doing what in the stockmarket. Everytime Trump has an uptick, every single of my meager holdings goes down. Everytime there is some good news for Clinton, it goes up. I'd LOVE to be able to just get out and sit on the sidelines, but a mom and pop investor like me would lost way too much if I even tried it.

Is anyone finding a safe haven to get them through the election and the weeks to follow?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy looking at movements of stocks, bonds etc. from time to time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's very interesting to see how the market reacts to certain shocks and uncertainty in general.

3. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It goes to show just how close the election is.

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The stock markets don't like change, they like consistency. Clinton represents the least potential change compared to Trump. It's really just that simple. Also Clinton's policies are more helpful to more Wall Street firms than Trumps. It really is that simple. If you're investing in the stock market you should be a conservative investor and thinking long term, and not worry over temporary fluctuations. If you want to get rich or poor rapidly try the commodities market. :lol:

#4 sldanlm, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ++1

Especially your advise about investing long term is good. Though, some people are good at making a lot of money quickly due to these temporary fluctuations. I think the prospect of "gaining a lot of money quickly" is very appealing to people, too appealing in fact.

There are so many things you can invest in. :lol: And there are so many ways how you can invest as well. I find it all very interesting honestly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, the good news, for the US markets at least, is that following the election they are pretty normal.