1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Wikileaks emails show Hilary does not support LGBT rights

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TXTurbo90, Nov 8, 2016.

1. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Interesting article regarding Hillary's Wikileaks fiasco. It was found in the Podesta email leaks if I remember correctly:

http://regated.com/2016/10/hillary-clinton-gay-marriage/

The main questions I have are:

A.) Looking at the confirmed DKIM (2048bit RSA key) used to confirm the authenticity of the emails, do you all believe that these are genuine emails?

B.) Will this/would this have changed your vote if you believe that it is real?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The email seems more along the lines of deciding how to present that change to the public - how to support same-sex marriage without dropping the more conservative rhetoric she had supported eleven years beforehand.

The post title is misleading and especially so on election day.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a little surprised by the sloppiness of the article. If the emails actually support the contention of the title why didn't they quote ANYTHING that supported that?

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me..NO..I don't believe this and I don't believe those emails are genuine. Also...considering the two candidates that are running for President. I look at Hillary's email scandal as a waste of time especially if you take in consideration all that Trump has said and all the controversies/scandals where he has disrespected women in such a vulgar manner and all those racist and lashing out remarks that he has made throughout the election. This email situation does not even worth mentioning in my opinion. Therefore, with that being said...I did vote for her with no doubt at all.

5. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree the article isn't the best. The email quoted though looks to be accurate...

For reference, I looked it up and here is the email direct from Wikileaks:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2631

6. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So she might not be the biggest LGBT supporter, but she is a little bit better than that orange tufted benobo and his silver haired zealot sidekick!

(That's just my personal opinion)

7. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I totally agree with you on this....and to even look at it from a broader picture...unfortunately...there are some members of the LGBTQ community who are not big supporters and yet..they are still better than as YermanTom said "orange tufted benobo"...haha :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree trump is not good on LGBT issues, and Pence scares the hell out of me if he ever became POTUS. Hillary is a wildcard that can't be trusted either in my opinion.

That is why I voted for Jill Stein this afternoon. She does not line up with my political beliefs as much as the libertarian party, but she was the only candidate smart enough and not morally reprehensible to vote for. I cannot, in good conscious, bring myself to support either mainstream candidate this election...

9. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really believe this. Hillary may not have always supported LGBT rights, but then again that was the eighties and nineties! She's come so far from being a Goldwater republican when she was young, which many people seem to forget. We have come so far in these past few decades. People change. And even if she is just doing it to get more votes, she's a LOT more likely to uphold these claims/promises than Trump, who is an unknown variable when it comes to literally anything.

#9 galaxygia, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  10. Alein

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    politicians just say what the public wants to hear. obama also didn't support same sex marriage before he got elected. when the public opinion changed his "opinion" also changed. those emails mean nothing except that they represent the opinion of the public at that time. :grin:

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly what I did. I do NOT trust Hillary at all. I voted for Jill Stein, because I figured voting for her would help allow others to see that there are more options than the other two parties. Hillary is doing nothing to stop the vandalism and riots being caused by the angry people who wanted her to win. In my opinion, she only cares about herself, and not about what she vowed to change. If she truly wants change, she would try to stop the chaos.

I agree with this. He changed his views because of the popular opinion. Hillary was pandering for votes. Several years ago she referred to black men as super predators who needed to come to heel. She talked about them as if they were dogs! People keep saying that Hillary changed and what she said is in the past, yet they keep bringing up Trumps past as if he isn't able to change. That is hypocritical. Both main candidates were a horrible choice.

Also, I believe the Wikileaks emails were mostly accurate.

12. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To add even more to this post is that Hillary's campaign manager who goes by the name of Robby Mook is actually the first openly gay manager in the history of a major presidential campaign. Robby Mook, was a Democratic strategist who ran Terry McAuliffe's successful 2013 campaign for governor of Virginia, and had been chosen to take the helm of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign

13. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She never did support it, and her email doesn't have to be proof of that. this was before when marriage equality became legal, She openly admitted that she wasn't in support of it. it's on youtube haha, i don't see how this is any surprise to people now

14. photoguy93

I'll keep saying it - why we worried so much about emails that may/may not be true but let someone win who actively spread hate/vile crap in public, I don't know. This whole debacle has been a mess.

15. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what I have been saying all along....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This thread is a perfect example of how people believe anything they hear, won't tink for themselves and have the reading skills of a 10 year old.

Just to spell it out for everybody: When the email says that Hillary & Bill 'believe it', it refers to the fact that Hillary and Bill believe that there were plans of a constitutional ban against same sex marriage, which is why they thought DOMA was a good idea at the time, as it would be more easily reversed later. The fact that private emails show that they ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS, reflects well on them, as lots of people in the media are saying that they only mad eup this excuse for why they supposed DOMA - this email shows that they didn't make it up as an excuse, they actually believe it.

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2016 at 06:59 AM ----------

Hillary has always supported gay rights, she marched in a Pride parade in 2000 or 2001, and made several speeches in the early 00's supporting gays. She opposed constitutional amendments against same sex marriage in the 00's as well.

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2016 at 07:09 AM ----------

Also, Hillary was already planning to overturn DOMA in 1999.

https://partners.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/120999sen-ny-dem.html

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2016 at 07:09 AM ----------

Å¡orry, i meant DADT