1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News LGBTQ bullying at a "high rate" in Scotland's schools

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nordland, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's upsetting to see that LGBTQ bullying is still happening around us to such a degree. I'm also a Londoner, and I'm lucky in that my current school is quite LGBT friendly. I know of at least 4 trans people in my school, and a ton of non-straight people. Though I can't say the same about my new school, wherever that will be.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hardly kind where I live, smack in the middle of "Jesusland", but I know some places are even higher. I don't have much hope for humanity.

4. HuskyLover

It's LGBT-friendly I'd say, and they're very strict when it comes to e.g. homo/trans/biphobia and racism. You get expelled pretty much instantly if you do/say anything homo/trans/biphobic or racist.

5. Ryu

Ryu

Why does that not surprise me.?
    My school in East Anglia is... Eh at best. The fact that me and a bisexual guy (he doesn't look it) in the year above had to explain that faggot is a homophobic slur kind of tells you something. I also a blatant racist ('I would never be in a relationship with anybody black, I don't want aids'), and if you can find somebody that doesn't say 'so gay', 'you faggot' etc. I will pay you in cash, so it's not looking particularly good.

But I'd say England and American are very different when it comes to this. In America more people seem to come out, but there also seems to be more hate. In England, people repress their true feelings because they know it's going to end badly for them. I heard this thing on a video on English and American comedy that said 'Europe is a place full of people who said' I don't want to risk it' where as America's full of the people who said 'it's worth a shot'', due to natural selection and some such so that may be one reasonn.

6. Linkmaste

Catholic school back in 2008-2010 was mixed. It was swept under the rug but we couldn't host a pride prom or advertise for it. So basically it was come out and be bullied. Now a days I think it's better in Canada not perfect but better.