1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Find This MLK Quote Interesting?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by niex, Apr 1, 2009.

1. niex

niex Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just sort of found the similarities between the bigotry back then and the bigotry now kind of interesting...

"I often find when decent treatment for the Negro is urged, a certain class of people hurry to raise the scarecrow of social mingling and intermarriage. These questions have nothing to do with the case. And most people who kick up this kind of dust know that it is simple dust to obscure the real question of rights and opportunities. It is fair to remember that almost the total of race mixture in America has come, not at Negro initiative, but by the acts of those very white men who talk loudest of race purity."

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Not really, no. You getting at something?

3. niex

niex Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I can see how the Negro's cases are compared to GLTBQ...but that quote doesn't seem to have many similarities spelled out very vividly. Lol Maybe I'm missing it, but the message wasn't exactly in bright neon color. What are you trying to say? Im not going to read the whole pamphlet in the link. I wanna hear what YOU have to say.