1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Agerardii

2. sdc91

I heard! Hopefully the court rules like the lower court did last year.

3. notquitebutch

I'm pretty excited about this. Fingers crossed!

I wonder how cali's going to feel if this passes.

4. ZOMG.

I'm so nervous.

They'd better feel jealous! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Nodnarb

I've been waiting for the Court to decide since December. Now that it's finally here:eek:

*paces nervously*

This would be huge! (and not just because it's my state)

6. Wtf?

WTF?

Despite these two examples, most of the people commenting do seem to be in support of gay marriage and/or gay civil unions with full marriage benefits.

7. Alex19

i hope they allow it. New York please? i want my state to allow it. hell, were democrat anyways... why hasnt it happened yet?!

8. Nodnarb

Well, 5 of the 7 justices on the Court were appointed by a Democratic governor. That doesn't mean they all support gay marriage, but that helps us.

Also, due to the fact that Iowa has stricter laws that California concerning Constitutional amendments, it will take at least a couple of years for the right-wingers to get something on the ballot to overturn the court's decision(assuming they rule in favor of gay marriage).

One Iowa has several rallies scheduled tomorrow in Council Bluffs, Des Moines, the Quad Cities, Grinnel/Newton, Ames, Iowa City, Cedar Falls/Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Souix City, Mason City, and Decorah. If you're from Iowa, try and make it to one!

Oh...I noticed that about the comments too Joe. Kinda surprised about it. But pleasantly surprised:slight_smile:

Anyways, I think we have reason to be optimisitic. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just try to push this off on the legislature. If that happens, it might as well be a loss, because I don't see the legislature a)deciding upon it any time soon with the budget issues they have and b)ruling in favor. Even though the Democrats have a large majority, they are conservative democrats.

9. Agerardii

Uhg, I've been sick with worry all day since I first saw the article. I'm pretty sure that I will unintentionally out myself at school/ work when I find out the decision tomorrow morning. It will be really, really hard to contain my excitement or disgust.

10. Nodnarb

I know!

And they are announcing it at 8:30 in the morning, but I won't be able to find out until around 11:30:frowning2:. I have no idea how I'll be able to concentrate at school tomorrow morning.

*resumes nervous pacing*