1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plata Quemada (Burnt Money)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Legnaj, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Just got done watching Burnt Money. Its an independent film made in 2000. Can't believe I missed it untill now. Its the true life story of these 2 gay bank robbers who get in a load of trouble. The movie plays out with a Taritino feel to it and its very explicit, Rated-R. Check it out if you have the chance and if you cant understand spanish get subtitles, dont do a spanish to english translation, the language is where the story gets its emotion.
    :thumbsup:

2. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    Blast from the past!

But, I had to mention something about this movie. Got finished watching it just a little while ago, and was pleasantly surprised. Not really too much of "in-your-face" gayness, but plenty of sensuality, both Homo and Hetero.

Extremely fun movie with plenty of guns, music, sex, drugs, and violence to make Tarantino proud. The language is important; I didn't some of the English translations in the subtitles; it took some of the emotion and roughness out.

Great great movie, now one of my favorites.

Edit: This should probably in "Entertainment and Media"