1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News some thoughts about the future really (sorry if I posted in wrong forum/area)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by bruh, Dec 7, 2016.

1. bruh

bruh Guest

I've been seeing all these killings on the news, whether it's someone who's black, lgbtq, or of a different religion, and it's made me think of the last time a group of people were treated as less because of who they are, and the result of that. it honestly seems to me that we're, and by we, I mean any given group of people who've been discriminated against by a governmental power I guess, are on the verge of another civil war.

granted, this is a new thought, this is just based on what I've seen and heard. you've got people being killed because they're of a different religion, sexuality, and/or race. the craziest thing I found out tonight was that (and keep in mind, I don't know all the facts about this) a police officer raped a woman. I still can't believe it. another thing is a video I saw a few months back where a black guy was pulled over by a white cop and he immediately thought that his life was in danger to the point where he pulled a gun on the cop.

plus recently, I've been seeing all these trump supporter attacks, on essentially anyone who isn't a straight Caucasian Christian/Catholic man, and it makes me think what I thought when I realized this election wasn't some sick joke: we're gonna fucking die.

people are already talking about retaliating against police for the ongoing brutality and deaths out of a place of fear or anger, but either way, that fear can turn to courage and the anger to determination, and further down that path: revolution. and as we've all been taught in a decent enough history class, revolution gets results. we're already going through protesting, we're starting to consider retaliation, what's to stop us from revolting after that? which, keep in mind, is our constitutional right.

doesn't it scare anyone else that a TEN YEAR OLD boy, someone who's barely even experienced life, was almost gunned down because "he was mistaken" for a 20 year old? which begs the question I'd they had found the right guy, would they have shot him too?

like I said, this is just a new thought of mine, really just something to consider. open to all opinions and corrections. I don't say this, like at all, but stay safe people.

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

No we're not gonna die. And tbh your thoughts on simply doing a revolution (which involves killing) scares me more than the relationship of USA and Russia.

That dude pulls a gun at a policemen, he's gonna die. THIS is not racism. This would rather be a preventive strike on a future mass murderer. Because the brain of that man was certainly not wired correctly.

And that 10 year old was ALMOST gunned down. Nothing happened, okay? Though I'd like to know what he did? the policeman should probably be fired for stupidity though.

How about blaming the criminals? If they weren't so violent no such methods were needed.

3. Flowey

Statistically, you're still more likely to die because of someone from your own ethnicity than because of racists.
    And exactly how many minorities will be on board with the idea of a revolution? I think most will oppose such idea.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2016 at 03:20 AM ----------

Also, revolutions might bring about dictatorship, not always a good result.

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything you mentioned happening has been far worse in the past. As far as your last sentence, we are not there yet in the US, not even close.

Although successful revolutions do get results, they're not always the results the people supporting the revolution wanted. Often times in the 3rd world the people are merely replacing one corrupt dictator for another. And the majority of revolutions in the 3rd world are not successful.

The constitution does not give you the right to overthrow a duly elected government by force merely because you personally disagree with it. That was never the intent of the founding fathers. There are other avenues to change a legitimate government besides revolution in the US. If 3 years from now Trump (or any other president) says that he wants to declare martial law, and disband the House, Senate, and Supreme court, the free press, etc. so he can be a "president for life", then you have a legitimate reason for a armed revolution. There is an old phrase that might be appropriate. (the soap box referring to the possibility to influence others through free speech)

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll watch or read the news and think about how bad things are, but then I think about the places I've been and the things I've seen take place around the world. The US is by far not perfect, but there isn't a perfect place anywhere in the world. Every country has it's problems, just as every minority in the world has it's own set of problems wherever they are based. At the end of the day, no matter how it seems, the US is one of the most tolerant countries in the world.