1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transgender Medical Transition News and Discussion.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by FrogCAT, Dec 14, 2016.

1. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread was inspired by the kinds of threads I see on a futurist forum that I frequent, where people make threads for news and discussion relating to a particular topic. I'm not sure how well it will go over here, just thought I'd give it a go and see what happens. Basically, it's about what the title suggests, news and discussion surrounding the medical transition of trans people.

Example, I found this article about the logistics of a trans woman receiving a uterus transplant and subsequently giving birth. As well as this article about lab grown *ahem* vaginas. Though usually under the link you would provide a snippet of the article linked.

After which, anyone could give their thoughts on said articles as well as provide their own links, occasionally finding a newer one with updates regarding a previously posted link.

PS: The articles I linked were about trans women, but go ahead and link stuff about trans guys here too. I hope at least some of you like the idea! :thumbsup:

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I'd sign up for the uterus transplant yesterday!!!!!

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually wondering how they're coming along with bottom surgery for us guys.

Like, if they can grow a penis in lab, that'd be so awesome. I'm not very happy with what's offered right now, especially since they need skin grafts...

I would like bottom surgery someday, but not at the cost of my forearm skin...

4. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well there's this, but unfortunately:

5. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I especially enjoy this article, I found it quite a ways back, and every once and a while I re read it, and each time it comes a little closer to reality.

Best of H+: Total Gender Change within a Decade
    I am a relatively optimistic futurist, though perhaps the author is a little too optimistic, as I see the possibility of the things that the author suggested coming about in the mid 2020's at the latest if not by the end of this decade.

6. photoguy93

Being in the medical field, I think it would be very possible that similar things might happen....just not super quick.

What I could see happening is a quarter/eighth of what is being said. Maybe not a uterus transplant, but they might discover some useful way to actually use what's there, etc.