1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opposition to the DoS

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Wander, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Batshit fundy hypocrites, not my own.

Once again, people are circulating newsletters instructing people to pull their children out of school on the 17th because not talking is suddenly disruptive, but it couldn't be clearer what their real motivation is. Thoughts?

2. Just Adam

ive no reall idea what u mean but kids not talking beeing dissruptive? :S hell teachers here would of done anythign to shut us up...as for real motivation im not sure what you mean if maybe you give a bit more info ill make a better comment :grin:

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Adam:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Silence

I think it's great that parents are so worried that they feel the need to hide their children from it. If they felt it was just some useless day of action then they wouldn't have to hide from it, so them seeing it as a threat appeals to me very muchly. :grin:

However, I'm not a fan of them disrupting their childs education. As you said, it's pretty damn clear what their true motive is here, and I would love to see how we can supposedly 'indoctrinate' children without even talking to them.

4. Just Adam

thanks martin x you seem to clear everything up for me in every thread haha. i think this rocks

" adam what is the answer "

" sorry teacher but i refuse to answer i am on silence in protest against the suffering of my people " " GAY POWER " ... back to silence :grin: hehe ... dam why had i not been out back in school and known of this lol

by the way i love this and its good the homophobic parents take it seriously

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. Emberstone

Well, let them pull their kids if they think people not talking will harm their childrens education..

heck... I need to sue my college for impairing my education. 3/4ths of the students in my classes never speak up! omgawd... IM GOING TO FAIL NOW AND HAVE TO WORK AT THE RACETRACKS SHOVELING HORSE POOPS!

7. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

Agreed if they wont to let them lose there education thats fine by me i graduated high school and got a high school education

8. Greggers

This is GOOD :slight_smile:

We wanted the day of silence to make an impact, yes?

What better way than this! THIS is really going to make an impact.

Worse case scenario: Day of silence happens, everyone goes about there day like normal.

Best case scenario: Day of silence happens, huge reactions occur in any way shape or form.

The more they protest the day of silence, the more they take arms up against it, the more impact it will make. The day of silence is about STOPPING FUCKING BULLYING! Any parent that pulls there child out of school because someone is protesting bullying is so so so so SO SO SO SO SO messed up in the head. Seriously, who thinks like this?

"WHAT?!?! Someone wants to STOP bullying? Thats such a bad infulence on my child, im not letting him go near that"

Cause last time i checked, bullying was a bad thing that the general population was against?