1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gender row athlete Caster Semenya marries long-term partner

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DarkStorm, Jan 9, 2017.

1. DarkStorm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I thought I'd share this.

Gender row athlete Caster Semenya marries long-term partner in white wedding ceremony | Daily Mail Online

"Gender-row athlete Caster Semenya married her long time partner in an extravagant ‘white wedding’ ceremony yesterday which coincided with her birthday – a double celebration she was delighted to share with her fans.

The 800m Olympic gold medalist wore a ‘Prince Charming-style’ outfit of embroidered jacket, gold breeches and velvet slippers for the ceremony which saw her wed Violet Raseboya, who wore a full-length white lace and appliqué dress.

Sharing a string of intimate photographs of the event on instagram, the South African runner referred to her bride as ‘my heart’ and used the hashtag #ourperfectday to sum up their union."

Some days I am really proud to call myself South African. We've come a long way the last two decades. Caster Semenya faced a lot of criticism on her masculinity after she performed really well at the Olympics (Again).

I'm happy for Caster and Violet, that they can be together and show their love so openly. This just shows that we are truly a bunch of open minded people and that we can always find love above the hate.

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I´m happy for her, didn´t know she was gay. :slight_smile:

#2 KyleD, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice to see some positive news every once and a while! Even when things are such a mess, some people can still pull together enough to find happiness, and that takes some real strength and dedication. :icon_wink

4. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seconding this. Congrats to her.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: