1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Catholic Church and Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ralf, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Ralf

Hi guys,
    this happened a while ago, i know, but i HATE what the pope said, i find it quite offensive, (because i'm a gay catholic) and i have particular beliefs on this topic
    The Catholic Church believes that Gay marriage is wrong. i personally don't believe in gay marriage, but that's my opinion.
    The Catholic Church believes that being gay is not sinful, homosexual acts are.
    not that this is ever going to stop me, but i just hate that the pope, the leader of the catholic church "had" to make a speech that probably converted lots of homosexuals to a different branch of Christianity.

FIRST THING:
    i don't think that homosexuals are as important as saving rainforests?? that's the worst comparison i've ever heard!

SECOND THING
    i don't think that homosexuals could lead to the end of the human race, that's an aweful reason for hating gays. the birth rate is MASSIVE these days anyway!

THIRD THING
    i'm sorry, but part of it is just him speaking out of his :***: (oops, in the confession box for me?)

FOURTH THING
    what a way to end the year, with a speech like this... i was quite offended, being told that being gay is wrong. surely god created us as we are, that means he WANTED us to be gay, otherwise, our lives are pointless, love means almost everything in life, so why would he do that in the first place? if you ask me, it's just hypocritical

so that really let out my raaaage!! phew :slight_smile:

what do you guys think about this?

Link:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7796663.stm

2. olides84

3. jotheoneandonly

ha!, it seems like you really feel that the pope is the head of the world here, hes just a person working for god, and i think hes got the worng end of the stick.

you can be a catholic and not listen to the popes endless banter about his personal veiws. im quite a recent christian and really couldn't care much about the pope, i know hes all spirtiual leader and all but its all about the love of jesus in the end.
    have you ever seen thebandwithnoname? they are so AWSOME!

god loves you.
    pope has the wrong idea.

4. wherewulfe

5. Fiorino

6. Alex19

the pope is senile. who cares what he has to say?

7. DexterMorgan

......hahahaha!!!!!

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

How one senile old man has a private and personal phone line to God is beyond me. He doesn't speak for God, nor does he speak for Humankind. He's not chosen by God...It's not like there was a grand revelation revealing him to be some sort of messiah.

9. JakeBHT

I am a relaxed impirocist(spelling?) and I find the idea of God absulutely ludicrous(spelling?) I have no problems with people believing in whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or discriminate . But what i cannot stand is people trying to convert me to something which to me is just soooooooo not right at all.
    If I was to say that I believed in the fairy Queen and that she only spoke to me. And that you had to believe me and believe what i say and what she says or she would send you to a horrible place of torture, I would probably be taken away by the men in white coats. But some how people don't see religion like that.
    I have to say that buddism isn't like that at all, I have a little more time for that.
    So just to reiterate(spelling?) I have no problem with people believing in nondescriminative(spelling?) religions as long as they are not forced on me by people who do/don't really think about what they are believing in.