1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News NBC's "Emerald City" Featuring Transgender Character

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kodo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The new NBC show Emerald City, set in the land of Oz, features a transgender character.

I was surprised, at least. Not every day you see a trans-masculine character on television.

Thoughts? And also, I am curious to know if there are other good film representations of trans characters anyone knows of?

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

It is somewhat surprising ( in a positive way) to see this kind of show featuring a trans character.
    I do hope that he's not just there to get "trans-bonus" , has actual character and portrays the topic well

Besides the obviously famous ones I've only heard of "Romeos" ...it's about a gay trans guy falling in love with a cis person .....I've never seen it myself though....only heard that the writers researched the topic well...whatever you make of that...
    " itty bitty titty committee" also had a transguy but it's more about lesbians really...he's just a side character...

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Danish Girl. Transparent. Orange is the new black. Uh...

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The movie Boy Meets Girl. Actually cast a lovely pre-op young trans woman in the role. Also she had a full frontal scene towards the end, which hid absolutely nothing(and actually had a purpose).

5. DoriaN

Never heard of this show, but growing up I was a massive Wizard of Oz fan (Not because of the movie).

Tip isn't really trans to be fair, I don't know if they'll go off canon from the books in the show, but yeah.