1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Lesbian Student Tricked About Prom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dyl pickle, Jan 26, 2017.

1. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this is a relatively old story - but did anybody else hear of that girl, Constance, who was told where to go to prom by the school and she ended up with only seven other kids including her, her girlfriend, and two people with disabilities? The fact that the school felt the need to exclude her because of her sexuality is ridiculous to me - and don't even get me started on the fact that they excluded disabled kids too. Parents obviously had to take part in planning that and not one person had the decency to step forward and tell any of the kids that were lied to. That just really pisses me off.

Sorry for the mini rant, I guess that's it. But has anybody else heard this story or stories similar to it/experienced stuff like this?

2. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People need to understand that people of disabilities are the most discriminated and the most hated minority group in the modern world . No matter where you come from , you'll always be seen as inferior wether that group is of race , religion , LGBT , etc . Some places had people with mental disabilities such as depression in chains and are treated like they are not human . The disabled were also the most persecuted in the holocaust due to hitler liking eugenics and Dr. Mengele using them in his awful and demeaning experiments. Their voices are forever silenced.

The Dept. of Education needs to understand that people are disabilities need to be respected and treated like humans rather than being called stupid or worthless. I have dealt with that in my HS as a kid and it still hurts :,(

sorry for the rant , but it needed to come out .

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry, it wasn't long - but that's so insane that you experienced that at your own school. I honestly just don't understand people sometimes.

4. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They told me that I couldn't handle anything above elementary . I had to pay 15k to get my education redone . Was not fun and gave me very low self esteem :C

We also had a bully who basically discriminated and shot BB pellets at LGBT students and he was always given a slap on the wrist....go figure :bang:

5. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. I heard she had a really great time any way. Just who do those other kids think they are? They couldn't stop her from having a good prom.
    I would have told them the truth. Not because I'm gay too, but because I would feel wrong lying to them.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2017 at 12:18 AM ----------

I didn't like the way my high school treated the kids with severe mental disabilities. I guess I never truly saw what was going on, but I did see them tell this one kid that he couldn't be friends with this other kid...maybe they were fighting or something, but still, like, they have no right to tell them not to hang out. I feel like they were bossing them around too much. I also didn't like a few other weird things I over heard them say. I had nothing to do with that program in my school, so I didn't really know what was going on, but some of the things I heard them say bothered me.

Also, it bugs me when teachers don't understand their students. I have ADHD pretty bad, and have my whole life. I asked some of my teachers questions in class, and they got annoyed sometimes and told me I should just pay attention. I was trying, I swear...just answer my question. I remember one of them saying "It costs nothing to pay attention" and not listening when I said I was trying. I also had a few other bad teachers.

The system doesn't really understand people with disabilities and disorders. But I guess it's not easy to understand everyone...

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2017 at 12:20 AM ----------

Jeez. Like, wow. You must not live in a very good place to have people like that around.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it is true that people with disabilities need to be treated better. The people I help at work sometimes don't have supportive family members. Most of them come in with stories of being bullied in high school or having no friends. If they can't stand up for themselves, someone else has to.

I agree that it was awful what they did to that girl just for being gay. It's not ok. She did nothing wrong and neither did the other students.