1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Trump To Legalize Discrimination

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sonic1337111, Feb 2, 2017.

1. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So that would mean statewide doctors would legally be able to refuse to treat gay patients, landlords would legally be able to evict gay tenants, employers would legally be able to fire their employees for being gay, storeowners would legally be able to refuse to serve gay customers, and schools would legally be able to reject gay students.

Welcome to TrumpĀ“s America! :grin:

#2 KyleD, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If they go through with that, I'm going to be officially losing all faith in the US.

Edit: and cry

#3 andimon, Feb 2, 2017
  4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm confused if this is happening or not. I just want to know if it's coming or not.

5. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Surprise, surprise, Trump is doing exactly what he said he'd do. He's pandering to the extreme evangelical Christian base who voted for him. Anyone in the LGBT community who voted for Trump, I hope they're fucking happy as he strips them of the rights they currently enjoy; the rights that people have only earned through decades of fighting for them. Whatever lame-ass excuse they had for voting a fascist into office, I hope it was worth it! :angry:

#5 ThatBorussenGuy, Feb 2, 2017
  6. purplepuppy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I ever found myself in a position of power in America I would refuse a Trump supporter whatever it is they want on the grounds I think they are gay.

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :eusa_clap

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But guys, we have to give him a chance! He held up a pride flag, so that means he totally supports us. I mean, why would he do that if he didn't mean it? I wuv Trump. He's such a good guy. He's gonna make this place great again! :3

(eye roll)

Seriously, I hope all the LGBT people who voted for Trump are happy. Because when businesses start putting these things into practice, know that it's your fault and you have to live with how much you fucked over a shit ton of people. That's not even me being harsh. That's the straight up truth. Your support of that fascist is getting people killed.

I don't even know how the fuck you think that inexperienced shit nugget is qualified to hold a position of power when he goes on a twitter rants like a man child about SNL making fun of him. Good job, I hope you're proud of yourself. You people owe this country and the world an apology.

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Women, PoC, Muslims, and disabled people who voted for Trump also have some explaining to do.

10. dreamcatcher

I seriously wanted to bitchslap all the latinos in Florida and Texas that voted for that moron. It will never make any sense to me.

11. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are surely the most important issues facing this country. Society as a whole is a :***:ing joke. The world is literally run by various groups of pedophiles, nothing surprises me anymore.

EVERYTHING IS FINE:help:

12. BiNyanKitty

I can't believe our country has succumb to making a person like Trump our leader. Losing faith in this country as the days go by. Can't believe this is happening. :icon_sad::***:

13. YeahpIdk

Is The Nation a legitimate news source?

If it is and this is true, let's make our own religion and do the same, but opposite!!

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2017 at 03:07 PM ----------

I believe more of the people in this country are against this crap and wouldn't abide by it. So it would potentially be a great process of elimination to make racist, ignorant a-holes go out of business and be run out of town.

Didn't he just say that he would continue laws that keep LGBTQ rights safe? I don't see how both of these thoughts can exist.

#13 YeahpIdk, Feb 2, 2017
  14. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly man. Also, can we talk about how the man held the fucking flag upside down and how crudely it was made?

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2017 at 06:35 PM ----------

Yeah idk, but he does have a huge background of contradicting himself, so who knows. My mum the other day was theorising that he said that to calm down the madness a little bit and that he'd change it later on. At this point, I'm just praying that The Nation isn't a reliable source and that this isn't happening, but I'm not surprised if it really is.

15. purplepuppy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @YeahpIdk that is the best idea I have heard all day.

16. Mimikyu

I wouldnt dismiss this as a large portion of the country opposing this. I thought I lived in a fairly liberal area and then I heard so many people agree with this bullshit. They think its limited to baking cakes and floral shops for some reason. Try to argue that rent and healthcare are affected too and they buckled down to defend themselves saying that its just reality that religion will always oppose lgbt issues. I asked them if religion would theoretically allow discrimination based on race would they still support this..... they still buckled down on it. This is Jim Crow 2.0 and I am terrified for my future.

#16 Mimikyu, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
  17. CyclingFan

Never have sex with a Republican

Unless it's 150 years ago and it's

<---------------------

This guy.

#17 CyclingFan, Feb 2, 2017
  18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not only on The Nation so it seems pretty legitimate. It's found on The Huffington Post, ABC News, LGBTQ Nation, Washington Times, and the Wall Street Journal (and more). Articles say they don't know if the anti-LGBT executive order will even be signed but I have a feeling it will be..

Draft Of Trump 'Religious Freedom' Executive Order Signals Major Win For Conservative Christians | The Huffington Post

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2017 at 07:08 PM ----------

Then again, we are relying on whoever leaked the information to be accurate and they could have released inaccurate information so who knows until it is official (if it becomes official).

19. YeahpIdk

Alright so what will our new religion be? The Gods and Goddesses worshipped will obviously be our favorite LGBTQ figures. Maybe Ellen will be the highest God.

I already worship Ruby Rose so don't see this being too much of a difference...

20. CyclingFan

Something that I really believe is true is the importance on coalition politics. Consensus building is a legitimate and important part of any democratic politics worth it's name. And even though ours is a presidential system, coalitions and their reflection in congress matters.

When push comes to shove, trump will absolutely fuck over lgbt rights. He was elected as a Republican, the Replublican coalition in Congress is extremely anti queer. It's so basic, but he will fuck us over to keep his team off his back, no matter what his personal feelings are.