1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate Crime in Mass.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EM68, Apr 14, 2009.

1. EM68

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

That's horrible

3. chonko3266

i just saw that one the news

too bad :frowning2:

4. Greggers

I just got the chills reading that :frowning2:

9 HOUR SURGARY? Wow :frowning2: Jaw weired shut in FIVE places? He may loose his HEARING on one ear?

That is alot for someone to do to you just because your gay...it makes me so sick...

#4 Greggers, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  5. EM68

Now I know why I may be real pissed about this. Today at work I was on the phone then I heard one guy saying something about a gay person at a bar he goes to in Gloucester. Then I heard a few people laughing. I hope they did not laugh about this. If they did I am totally sick.

6. Miles D

damn. that's practically next door to me.
    :frowning2:

7. That sucks. Though it does happen a lot, I've heard of it happening in Boston quite a bit.

8. Mickey

I hope they fry the son-of -a bitch! This just makes me sick. Here we have gay marriage,yet this bull shit still goes on.
    I hope Justin gets better really soon. The poor guy!

9. Bryan44

Wow reading things like that scares me. I hope they find the rest of those guys too.

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. AnimeFan4Ever

In Indianapolis now, I hope to move to Los Angeles
    I don't believe it, that's just outrageous. We just went forward a step in rights and this feels like we got pushed back two steps. That's completely horrible.

12. Elesbian47

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They want us to be afraid by this and go back into our closets, but to stop hate crimes completely I believe we all need to be out-of-the-closet, wonderful friends and coworkers to our community. If people know an exception to their "fags suck" idea, they have a harder time thinking all gay ppl are lame, eh?

EM68, your coworkers like you, right? Do you think they would laugh at gay people so easily if they knew you are gay? If you were out, you would've been able to say something to stop those ideas, at least.

Lately my girlfriend and I have been correcting people when they say "that's so gay." I know that people don't even think about it literally, but it still does damage! I believe that we have the power as individuals amongst our friends, coworkers and neighbors to truly make a change in how society views homosexuals.

13. Mr Bojangles

I got gaybashed once, granted it was nothing like that, but It was still pretty bad.

I hope they get the buggers.

14. Just Adam

its terriible sounds like the 70's here poor guy beaten like that jsut cos of something as meaningless as sexuality it shouldent matter who u love.

15. EM68

My coworkers do like me. One of the main culprits of the gay jokes is one guy that I do get along real well. He says stuff to me and I give him lip back. It's actually funny sometimes. However I am not too sure how they would react if I told them I am gay. The company is pretty conservative and there are people in their 30's to 60's. Again I am not too sure if they were specifically talking about what happened but I think they did. Lately I have felt uncomfortable there and I have not desire to come out to people at work except one maybe two people.

There is one guy I work with a lot and we are pretty close. We are on the road together pretty often. I am thinking of coming out to him to see what his thoughts are about not hiding to the rest of the office.

#16 EM68, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  16. Mickey

Ed,
    You don't have to come out to make your opinion known. I know how uncomfortable it must be for you ,to sit there and listen to their crap. It's a hard situation to be in,but you can let your feelings known,just the same.i.e.,"I don't deal well with bigots" or"that kind of talk makes me uncomfortable". I don't know,just a suggestion,I guess.

17. Dazed

Dazed Guest

this makes me scared of telling more people im gay. im proud of who i am but i wouldnt want something like that to happen. :frowning2: i hope they catch those bitches.

18. EM68

Yea, I see what you mean. I may say next time 'I have a few friends that are gay and I don't really appreciate these comments' I don't know. When they say crap like that I feel like unleashing on them or picking up my stuff and leaving.

19. Derek the Wolf

Yeah... this is horrible. It's really difficult having your jaw wired shut, it happened to my sister 2 summers ago. It's surprising every time I see this in the U.S. For the most part I haven't had any problems with intolerance, so to see it to such an extreme degree is a little unnerving.