1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Sexual orientation can be changed, Malaysian Islamic Dept says in new LGBT video

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SgWay, Feb 19, 2017.

1. SgWay

Hi All, Im Malaysian , Muslim and gay...first of all, the Muslims in Malaysia are generally good people, I dont have bad vibe towards them despite many of them believe gays should be incarcerated and such as they have been brainwashed by religious dogma and they do not wish harm on other people even if they are LGBT. However, we do have a Islamic affairs department called JAKIM whose job is to impose their own interpretation of Islam on nitty gritty issues like homosexuality. JAKIM is the closest thing to a Sharia police or probably an Islamic Gestapo though their jurisdiction is severely limited and they cannot bring criminal charges, but being caught by them doing unIslamic things would mean embarrassment.Many Malaysian Muslim dislike them as they act as if they represent god.

Here is a article about the government, under advise by JAKIM provide instructions on how to spot gays among student, pretty stupid

Govt endorses guide on how to spot gays | Free Malaysia Today

Latest is JAKIM issue a video about how LGBT people can be cured

Sexual orientation can be changed, Jakim says in new LGBT video | Malaysia | Malay Mail Online

#1 SgWay, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  2. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexual orientation can be changed, Jakim says in new LGBT video | Malaysia | Malay Mail Online[/QUOTE]

This sounds very similar to what fundamentalist Baptists believe in the US, so it seems in some ways so called Christians and some Muslims have something in common. :frowning2:

About the bolded, as far as I know, it's only been banned in a few states. If Pence becomes president, it might even become government sponsored. :rolle:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because religious organizations know sooo much about behavioral science. >.>

4. Linkmaste

Sadly, conversion therapy is still legal in Canada. Only Ontario managed to get rid of it. But that was recently as 2012 I believe. Still, very very scary stuff here. Kind of like a camp in itself for LGBTQ folk.

Pence should never get this damn fingers on that stuff. He could potentially damage so many people by that talk about supporting the therapy. Either they kill themselves or they become mentally deranged-its a win win for him.

5. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I frequently hang out with my friends and love my brother and father deeply....guess I'm not a lesbian then^^. I think I'll celebrate my newfound straightness by kissing a girl. It's totally not gay if I don't fit the description, right?

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:44 PM ----------

Also: How is that video not saying that being gay is wrong and that you'll go to hell for it? Just because it doesn't say it outright, doesn't mean that it isn't implied.:bang:

6. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ugh.. I wish everywhere would ban conversion therapy.

7. Linkmaste

Yeah and I wish I was Emma Watson's wife. Not going to happen for a long time. But, we are slowly making progress. Raising awareness, pushing politicians to ban it, support scientific and first relation documentation on the negative effects of Conversation Therapy and eventually it will die down.

8. Makalaster

I only agree with conversion therapy if it's a consensual adult. I do believe it should be banned if a parent does it to their kid since most likely they do not consent to it. tbh I have thought about going to conversion therapy, but I am happy with who I am now.

#8 Makalaster, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
  9. Cinis

Cinis Guest

The problem with conversation therapy ( well...one of the problems anyway) is that it doesn't work except on the surface level.

10. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd be perfectly fine with conversion therapy if 1) it actually worked, 2) it weren't painful, and 3) the people doing it were consenting to it. You can help 2) and 3) but you'll never solve 1). Maybe someday they'll be able to do brain surgeries altering orientation but there's no theoretical way that any activities in a camp or therapy would do it.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be more palatable if all those things were true. But then people would still be more likely to consider gay feelings to be a mental illness. I think I prefer things how they are, and for one don't want to change myself in the slightest.

12. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How to spot a gay man 'An inclination to be attracted to men'

I wonder how long it took for someone to come up with that.

:roflmao:

#12 Calf, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  13. Duane

Duane Guest

Christian scientists also, regardless of facts, believe the earth is 6k years old and flat.:lol: