1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Standing Rock is Burning-but Resistance is not Over Yet

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Linkmaste, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Linkmaste

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/23/standing-rock-burning-dakota-access

For my First Nations members, and for people who lived 6 months-I give you absolute respect for fighting for the right to clean drinking water.

As a Canadian, I can't say that we're better than you at treating our First Nations right. We have plenty of wrong doings and we are still having young girls and women murdered out west in Alberta.

But, I'm glad they're not giving up. Everyone should have the right to clean accessible drinking water. Not just the rich, democrats and republicans, or whatever.

Also, I felt that no one really updated the story, only if it's trending on Tumblr or if a SJW seems to whine about it. So, being the rebel without a cause that I am, I took matters into my own hands and did the deed myself.

Thoughts? Hopes? Prayers? Respond below.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To all those who are out on the front lines, please be careful and stay safe during these dark moments.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Standing Rock is a conflict indicative of a much larger and older battle: the people fighting for their lives against a force pursuing wealth above all.

I feel like I don't have to vouch for them here, as this seems to be a sensible group. But I'm really sad for the state of our government. And as one trying to break into the law enforcement field, really sad as well for those officers who are forced to forsake their oaths or forsake their jobs. I can't imagine what's going through their heads while using force against the protestors.

Their fight is all of ours. For Standing Rock and as a precedent for the foreseeable future, we can't back down.

#3 Argentwing, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017