1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This guy's critical review of For The BIBLE Tells Me So

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by thecoolmexican, Apr 15, 2009.

1. thecoolmexican

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I went on youtube to watch the video For The BIBLE Tells Me So (since I can't get a hold of it) and stumbled upon "the Christian Road Warrior"'s critical review entitled "For the Bible DOES tell me so". I guess I'm to lazy to post it here right now, but it's not hard to find. Anyway, many of the commentators have undertaken the task of challenging him in debate, none of which appear to be successful. This guy is not your average dickhead. Apparently, he is very educated in theology, biology, debate and all that good stuff. Not to mention an extensive knowledge of the Bible. So, anyone interested in a battle of witts concerning homosexuality, check it out. Anyone interested in debate, check out his arguments. Post your comments here. What would you say to him? Or if you want, say it to him.

Like I said, it's not hard to find. Just go to youtube, and type in For The Bible DOES tell so in the search engine.

-Cheers.

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Asshole warning below:

In my view, being well versed in theology is about as relevant and useful to daily life as being well versed in the number of cells per square milimeter on each leg of a centipede. As a result, I can't be bothered to give a shit.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I second that.

4. DexterMorgan

5. Just Adam

theology makes me laugh and if someone has a degree in it and said so infront of me im so sorry but i would so laugh its a degree in thinking :S is there a god what is the point in anything i do this even when im on the toilet its pathetic and come on hes educated in biology i did biology at school so what??? these videoes are redundant and youtube would be better without the garbage.

beeing gays fun thats all need be said :grin:

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, first thing I notice: he goes awefully fast over the whole "shrimp issue"
    "There is a clear difference between moral laws and dietary laws". Is that so clear? Really now? So he's basically saying that you can just take laws out, as long as you do it on the dietary/moral divide. "Do not add to it nor take from it" is in the Bible, but I don't remember this being followed up by "except if it's dietary".
    Also, while this cavalcade of rape, beastiality, stealing and murder follows, he doesn't mention things like, oh, slavery. Those were perfectly fine to be added, even though they are moral laws, I presume.

Also, when other people pray and find forgiveness for gay people, it's a delusion. Obviously. Because they're doing it wrong. Somehow. Because this guy knows better how to truly contact God. And take that on faith... *rolleyes*

Also, apparently, we need to see real biology, not the pseudo-science. Thing is, as someone who spent five years of his life his arguments make no sense at all. As in: they do not relate to any mainstream biology. Biological design is not a valid term. On the whole his "well-versed in other sciences" boils down to "trust me, I know this stuff better than you".

Well versed in debate? By making a monologue? Don't make me laugh. At least he made some people laugh, though. Or is that a laughing tape he put on there to just imply "all of these people agree with me and you should too!" That's not a debating trick. Though I'd call it a cheap trick...

Oh, and he'll deal with the original Hebrew next. Just have faith that it will be as rigorous as this one *rolleyes*

All in all, I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

7. SailingKoala

Well this Guy actually got my goat enough to respond to him, he doesn't come over as that thoughtful or smart....far to many...mmmm..arghhs.. what is with the canned laughter. He never actually gave any evidence for anything he said anyway below is my message to him... I'm very polite and don't mention anything about sexuality or question his understanding of the bible just his use of words - will be interesting how he responds

Hi,
    I was made aware of one of your Videos, by a group of my friends, so decide to watch it. After watching it I read some comments, then decided to go to your page, to see what else you have put up and other comments you get. Now understand me, I am happy to let you live how ever you do and believe what ever you do. But You keep using the terms "I can PROVE" as your defence to every counter claim anyone has. Now surely to have proof (100%) you would have to get that from the original source rather than something that has been copied and changed by 1000's of people over 1000's of years. Do you have the original Gospel's and scriptures to hand, or are you able to speak to the original authors. These "Proofs" you have are only ever your Opinions, as the Bible is only the personal version of the last editor of that copy. Please have your Life and your Beliefs and I will keep having my own. Everyone has there own Opinion, and for them that is the correct one, until they decide it isn't. You can never force someone to believe what they don't want to hear, and I would never force you to believe what you don't want too.

P.S.

As of your terms for people to reply to you, it amuses me. In Life we have to meet and Interact with everybody to get a full version of reality - otherwise what we get is only sanitised garbage that doesn't show the full picture - Recent Earthquake it Italy TV crews reporting on it everywhere, saying what a great rescue effort was happening and reporting on the desperate humanitarian disaster - another clip was a professional rescue team waiting back in the UK to get permission come go and help before they went. Now what do you think the locals needed more the TV reporters or the Rescuers... TV was there first - that means police and Italian forces would of been used and away from rescue effort to control the press - the press didn't show that did they. Always 2 sides

Goodluck in Life you will need it

8. thecoolmexican

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ah,thank you, Filip. You've made me feel a lot better. I guess I just really needed to hear that. A lot of times I go and read people's opposing arguments to gay rights to see just why they feel so strongly about it, and maybe find a way to change that. But I always end up really downhearted in the end. I just start feeling this guilt and misery which I suppose is what they want you to feel. That feeling of defeat. Especially when they call our arguments for gay rights "propaganda". I hate that. And I guess every once in a while I run into someone who uses fancy language and a condescending tone and I fall for it. You hear a lie so many times and eventually you start to think it's true. And I just need someone to pull me back to reality. My girlfriend tries to get me to stop from reading all that bullshit too. But thank you.

I also noticed how the guy just did not want to accept gay couples as consenting adults. I mean, what the hell? Why is it so hard for these people to believe that we can be happy together as people and its not just about sex alone?! (although the sex is great. LOL)
    I mean, they'll look at me like I'm a pervert or confused or miserable and I need to marry some guy to fulfill some spoon-fed fantasy or coincide with these rigid religious standards, or be happy, and they can't for a minute consider that the person I'm with makes me happy? That I love her and she's the only one I want to be with? Ugh!

9. thecoolmexican

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well done, SailingKoala!! Woo! You're my hero.

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's easy to fall for this stuff. But I've seen far too much people make this argument and never ever coming to the point of actually elaborating on their statements. They just insinuate that they know stuff that you could never uderstand. And if you read the comments you'll see that's all this guy does: "Trust me, I know better than you because I studied this stuff"

And some of his comments do betray where he's coming from. He "studied to become a doctor" That's a euphemism for "I dropped out". Hardly the ideal reference...

All I see here is a bully, trying to keep you down. Never fall for it!

11. SailingKoala

Is that a little sarcasm I hear.... No probs if it is as sarcasm is the highest form of wit!!

+ I'm enjoying Toying with this Guy....

He has answered to a couple of my messages now, both times ignoring the fact I am talking about his use of English and telling me I don't understand the Bible. One of his comments allowed me to get a heated response from him I quote

"I have studied some Hebrew with the Jews themselves"

To which I asked "don't you mean you have studied with some Jewish People" rather than the whole lot - I also stated that a comment like his edges onto the side of Racism - which it does, could you ever see someone getting away with saying "I studied with them blacks" no.

Anyway in his last message he told me the Bible is 1 Book, rather than the several different texts by different people written over a span of 1000 years which it is. I corrected him with quotes from Roman Catholic Sites - doubt he will reply again - which is a shame because he has kept me entertained over the last 12hrs.

Yes Filip, he comes over as a Total Bully that never backs up any of his claims with evidence - but then that's no surprise. I have enjoyed messaging this guy and seeing if he can come up with anything of substance - which he hasn't and I can safely say most anyone could outwit him - but he never actually listens.

Cheers for posting this kept me entertained for a day at least:roflmao:

12. Just Adam

i just think the guy looks like an 80's sci-fi mc hammer throwback wannabee i aint listening to him haha

13. thecoolmexican

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    --Is that a little sarcasm I hear.... No probs if it is as sarcasm is the highest form of wit!!--

No, no sarcasm. But I know I have a tendency to come off that way. lol