1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about Suicide? Please watch this video.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Greggers, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Greggers

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzMeXOm85o[/YOUTUBE]

This video is very well done by one of my favorite youtubers. Its a good video! If your thinking of committing suicide, please watch this and listen closely. Ill add this to the giant video thread as well, but i felt this video needed its own thread.

If you have any kind words to add to people who are thinking of committing suicide, please leave them bellow.

- - -

I have one quote for anyone in a rough spot.

"Do you ever read the Sunday comics? Well, when I was a little kid, I use to put my nose right up to them. And I was just amazed because it looked like this mass of dots, and none of it made sense until I pulled back. Life looks like that mass of dots to me sometimes. None of it makes any sense, but I like to think that, from God's perspective, life, everything - even this - make sense. It's not just dots. Instead we're all connected, and it's beautiful and funny and good. This close we can't expect it to make sense, not right now."

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like his v-log as well. Highly recommended to anyone struggling in general.

3. Rygirl

It is such a big comfort to hear someone come through an experience like that. I know that I went through a really rough spot quite a while back, I considered killing myself not because I was gay but for something equally as trivial.. because I was fatter than anyone else. I was in fifth grade and everyone in my class used to avoid me and act like I had some horrible disease that they would catch if they stood next to me in line, or if the sat on the same bench, so save for one person in the year group I was shunned.

At the time I didn't even understand what I was feeling, just that I was upset and sad and would start crying at the smallest thing. I started to stop myself eating, and if I thought I ate too much I would punish myself by scratching myself or getting the cat to scratch me. At the time I was ten years old and didn't have a clue what I was doing, I just knew that I didn't want to live like this anymore, I started to feel that my parents deserved a better daughter, that I wasn't good enough because I wasn't as pretty as the other girls.

Looking back in retrospect I probably would have done some serious lasting dammage to myself if my parents hadn't noticed what was happening and put a stop to it. But now I have moved to a new country, I play my flute in at least three orchestra's and I am 5ft 11".

So I guess I want to re iterate what was said in the end of that video,
    Things WILL change, things WILL get better, you WILL be happier. You just have to have faith in yourself.

4. Grof142007

I love Derek!@@!!@!

5. FinalFantasyFan

That quote from Latter Days is really a great quote to help someone get through rough spots. Good upload Greggers. ^_^

6. Myke

Myke Guest

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Loveeeeee That Movie!

7. Mickey

Thanks for posting this,Greg. This guy is a terrific person for making this video. I think we've all felt like ending it,at one time or another. I know I tried when I was 17 and I'm sure glad it didn't work.
    If this post/video helps just one person,it was well worth the effort.

8. moonlight

That is a fantastic video, and everything he says is true. At many times in my life I have come to the point where I just couldn't cope with life anymore, and on several occaisions I planned suicide, and even attempted it. Yes they were dark times in my life and I felt that I had no one to turn to. No things didn't get better over night or even in a month or a year. It has taken me many years to get to where I am now, and for the first time in my life I can say I am happy, I am content with life and being gay and accepting that is who I am was just the final part of the whole picture as it is now. I don't know how I got through those tough times, looking back I can see that something inside me kept me going (even at my lowest), I found my inner strength and pulled myself through and I did it for me, I made the decision that I was the only who could change things and I have.

Find your inner strength, keep hoping and in the end things will get better.

9. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This video has been removed by the user.

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This account is closed.

:icon_ques :icon_ques :icon_ques :icon_ques

11. Just Adam

shame would of liked to of seen it

12. Zac4

wtf

wonder y

13. Eleanor Rigby

I wonder what happened to Dereck...

14. moonlight

That is such a shame because it was such a powerful video.

15. riddlerno1

All of dereks videos and his whole profile have been removed. its quite strange.

16. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think he had a different account for other vloging stuff. Anyone know if it's still active?

17. Greggers

WHAT?!?!?

I...

loved...

him...

And he had so many powerful videos :frowning2: I hope something bad didnt happen in his family life that made him do that, i know things have been rough for him from what hes said in videos recently. :frowning2: