1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Interview with transgender teen who won Texas state wrestling championship

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came across this wonderful short interview with Mack Beggs, the 17 year old trans male who just won the state wrestling championship. IT's controversial becuase a stupid, bigoted state law required him to compete "as the sex on his birth certificate" and people say he cheated... but he wanted to compete against other guys.

The video is inspiring and I appreciate how honest and vulnerable he is.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I commend him for pushing through their stupidity and competing regardless, and even winning... Not caring what they think and pressing on, pushing the abysmal IQ of his peers out of the way and going for the gold.

It's relatable in a sense, being from one of the less enlightened states. He's far braver than I've ever been. It's even kind of inspiring, in a way.

I hope the state learns from it's mistakes, but I don't have that much faith in humanity.

#2 Kira, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy is awesome. I don't think, given his circumstances, he could have acted any more upstanding as an athlete.

4. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read an article back when he won his first match during the controversy and continued to follow his story from there because he just instantly seemed so awesome. I had no idea there was an interview, so I'm looking forward to watching it now. Thank you!

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That guy is awesome! I'm amazed at his courage to be in the spotlight. I tend to stay small and not draw attention to myself due to fears about being hurt emotionally and physically for being gay. This guy is right out there telling his story. He's the type of person who can help bring positive change I hope. Congratulations to him!!