1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News The invention of heterosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by resu, Mar 18, 2017.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    BBC - Future - The invention of heterosexuality

2. DoriaN

I thought that article was very foolish for many reasons.

I'm not very interested in going through why, but there was one excerpt I will comment on.

I see people all the time saying controversial, backwards, unreasonable things; particularly in regards to sexuality and subjects transgender.

It cannot be hard wired and then fluid, you cannot say it doesn't change and then it changes.

There is a huge adoration and worship over 'identity'. Many are so concerned with how they want to be and how they 'feel' that it goes past what may be true or reasonable.

"Well, I used to be a gay man, but then I realized I was really a straight transwoman. That was good for a while but then I met this girl I liked, she was great and it felt so unique and different! That's how I learned I'm really a lesbian, this is my true identity!"

Really? Like... Really? You were attracted enough to the one sex to sleep around, then later decided on the other? What was originally stopping you from being a straight man then? Was it purely a self body and genitals issue? Flavour of the moment? Will you change your mind again? Since when was everything all about the carnal. Just call a spade a spade, why are all these labels and identities and feel goods being used to try to justify subjectivity.

There are so many voices and viewpoints and ideologies and philosophies floating around that I think many are losing sight of what it even means to be a human anymore, never mind the individual facets of human nature.

#2 DoriaN, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017