1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Majority in New York Support Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BitterEdge, Apr 20, 2009.

1. EM68

That is great! I hope it passes!

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find some of the comments interesting, especially the opponents to it arguing that 'intelligent' people should see how wrong gay marriage is. Methinks they're a tad deluded if they think tolerance and equality is not intelligent. :grin:

It amazes me how some peeps can have such insane views and be completely unaware how ridiculous it sounds. I've heard of ignorance is bliss, but fucking hell!

3. Just Adam

new york will be a good win ::slight_smile:

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some people are just fucking stupid.

5. Alex19

im glad ppl in my state are so good about it. it wont be too long b4 it passes.

6. Derek the Wolf

New York would be such a huge step. I really hope it's legalized there soon =3
    Please, keep us updated.

7. Greggers

Isnt New York, New York one of the most gay friendly cities of the world? Id hope much of the state is as well? Never been myself though...

8. Shevanel

NYC and Long Island, sure, Upstate? How bout no...

9. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

There is always New Paltz...

10. Shevanel

Well yeah, (no offense to upstaters here), of course the college towns are going to be more progressive than the rural places, but still I'm sure it won't go over too well Upstate, but there opposition everywhere for everything.

11. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

'Depends i am upstate to and people seem to be ok with it but suprisingly its the ignorant city people who have a problem with it

12. kramer362

I'm a new yorker and I was never asked to partake in this poll :eusa_naug... but I always assume new york will be pretty 'liberal' (if supporting equal rights is considered a liberal ideal, like it's so outrageous?) because we have NYC to dominate the population.

I'm in between Rochester and Buffalo and I see a lot more people being homophobic than accepting though so it's nice to confirm my belief that NY isn't 'socially conservative'.

13. Jesse Jinx

I live in NY. A small town an hour south of the city. There will always be those people who are ignorant, but they're in the minority, at least here thank god. And hopefully when(/if) this passes, it will help it become that way elsewhere. Best of luck to my good 'ol state!

14. chatolandia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This county is pretty conservative, and the numbers are about 50/50 on the support of gay marriage.

At least in what I've experience

15. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep in mind the whole concept of "intelligent design" and then within that context look at the original statement.

Some would have said such about San Fransisco and California.

16. Noah

A county isn't conservative if it's 50/50 lol. At least not down here. A county is liberal if over 30% of people support gay marriage. I'm jealous of all you northerners. You and your snow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Well that's the thing about California, central California is very hick. People tend to think that cities like San Francisco and LA represent the whole when really they don't. It's similar to Massachusetts, if you're on the east coast and near Boston things are fine. But the further west you go, the more cow town it gets. NY probably has something similar.

18. Just Adam

why dont the usa have a giant movment to round up all the hics in citys and move them out to one city so its a city nobody really likes anyway thats jsut full of hics.. then we can jsut ignore that city till they change internal sanction lmuhahaha... i know un practical but its an idea lol