1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Family values type Republican governor resigns related to affair

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Apr 12, 2017.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/20.../22034363/?ncid=facebookfanpageusaolp00000002

Affairs are something politicians of both sides of the aisle have engaged in, but for some reason it seems hypocritical when right wingers do it, as they are the usually the holier than thou types who tell people other people that they are doing wrong, particularly gays and lesbians, or that same sex marriage will make a mockery of the meaning of marriage.

and

2. AlamoCity

"Family values" type Republican governor resigns related to affair

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The issue here wasn't so much the fact that he was having an affair with his chief of staff, it's the fact that he was embezzling money to pay her salary before this even started.

Then once people started talking, he used state resources to cover it up. When his now ex-wife's chief of staff testified before the Alabama Board of Ethics, she had "Bitch" spray painted on her car windshield and a brick thrown through her kitchen window.

Then once other people started talking, he tried to have them arrested by the State Police. Even more blatantly, he appointed the state Attorney General who was investigating him, a guy named Luther Strange, to the United States Senate to disrupt the investigation after Jeff Sessions resigned.

tl;dr, the guy is a modern-day Richard Nixon.

4. Simple Thoughts

I actually don't care when a politician has an affair. I think politicians are only human and their personal lives are their own business.

That being said, if you're a politician who is running on "Family values" or any other similar thing I do think your affair and personal life becomes relevant to the conversation because it shows your inability to live up to the very standard you want to place on the people you're governing.

Now the above poster mentioned there was literal illegal activity involved with this, and that is a huge issue and that definitely should be talked about. I'm kind of upset the money embezzling isn't the headline with the affair being a side comment. I feel like that is more important than the affair.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The affair also appears to have entailed a misuse of public funds by Mr Bentley arranging Mrs Mason to have access to state cars even after her employment ended, which is for me the kicker.