1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay only for sex?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Emberstone

I have been pondering something for a while now.

Does anyone else agree that there are many people who are gay simply for sex, but not really gay in the long run?

I have known a few people who defined themselves as straight, and were in relationships with woman, but they have a fixation on anal sex. They dont care about guys, they just like being penetrated. Alot of the ones like that I know are absolute whores about it.

If that is what they like, I dont see that as wrong, but sometimes I wonder if it is these people for who gays are generally judged by homophobic people.

2. Greggers

Im sure lots of guys have a fetish or fantasy about being penetrated and are still straight. Receiving or giving anal sex is not a "gay" thing per-say, its just the way gay people choose to have sex. Maybe this fixation falls under the same category as things like wanted to be tied up or beaten during sex?

3. That's like how I am really. I don't care for men beyond sex. Most of my emotions are vested in girls, but I like a guys body.

4. SirBoobalot

Well, you can't pick your sexuality - so either these people are closeted, curious/experiment..al..ing..y..ful, or bi; they're not "part-gay".

Either way, I don't think homophobic people actually judge us by, well, any people - they judge us according to what they've been indoctrinated with. Happily, some of them meet gay people, and realise that they were wrong; unhappily, some of them cling to their inheritance of misinformation so blindly that they wouldn't become tolerant if their mother/their best friend/Jesus turned out to be gay. I really don't think homosexuals are the cause of homophobia.

5. paco

paco Guest

my gut tells me they're bi closet cases. i've heard so many stories where bi guys say they only like guys physically but could only have relationships with girls then a lot of them come back months later and say they're confused cause they fell for a guy...not to say thats true for all of them though, and i've been wrong before

as for homophobic people, i think they just have no idea what they're afraid of. they know nothing about us and thats what scares them into not wanting to know about us, and thats unfortunate cause if they did take the time they'd probably find out we arent so scary.. but its a vicious cycle, what can ya do?

#5 paco, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  6. Its probably some degree of bisexuality. like a 1 or 2 on the Kinsey thing. I don't think they're the cause of homophobia either because we learned in my philosophy class that, when asked if they would have no strings sex if they could, 90% of men said they would. This means straight men would be promiscuous too, but they have the female brake on their sex drive that gay men don't have. That's why gay people are seen as more slutty.

7. Greggers

Taking it up the bum does NOT make you gay people...

Its just a form of sex. You dont have to be attracted to the male body to take it up the bum. NO attraction is required. Therefore its 100% possible to receive anal as a straight man. If people have the sick and bizarre fantasy's that they do, why cant anal be on that list too?

Like you guys said, you cant change your sexuality. A straight guy does not go gay after taking it up the bum. It just does not work like that.

8. SirBoobalot

I didn't mean to imply it did, Greggers, that's what I was attempting to convey with that tragic failure of suffixes. :slight_smile:

9. Just Adam

i dont know i think people just like what they like thats life i personally do find certain aspects of the female form attractive like ass... but ass is nice anyway haha and can be friends with women but struggle to find an emotional level deep enough for a relationship, i find men attractive but i am jsut as picky on the look of the guy i for whatever reason dont fancy body builder type guys and i find it alot easyer to emotionally attach to guys. but thats jsut how things are some guys may just like to have sex with men but not relationships as not to be labeled some might jsut like the thrill of doing somethign so different and beeing the sub but thats life people beeing different just makes the world more fun :slight_smile:

#9 Just Adam, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009