1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Chechnya concentration camps

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Random Ross 1, May 22, 2017.

1. Chechnya made the first concentration camp for homosexuals since the holocaust. Chechnya recently came out with a statement that there are no gays in Chechnya, just fake Chechans. Parents are also encouraged to kill their gay children, or the Chechan police will do it for them. This is messed up as hell.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's just the sort of thing that happens when there's far too much blind acceptance, and too little questioning. People just do what they're told like good little robots... never stop to think about the other side of the story, our side. "What if they're just like us?" "What makes this so immoral, that it justifies killing over?"

Especially in terms of leadership. I'd imagine it's one of those places that could use a good flush... Though I still feel we need minimum IQ requirements for positions of power. :dry:

3. Im Hazel

Sounds like you want to solve eugenics with eugenics. When you put barriers in front of people based on arbitrary characteristics beyond their control, this is the kind of thing that happens.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Homophobia is like a contagious disease, it spreads so fast.

5. Sienrar

I love how crappy places always deny the existence of things that they're ashamed of, whether they should be or not.

Chechnya sounds like the most savage place on Earth right now, and no good person should have to live there . . . especially gay people.

6. bluesunlight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IQ isn't necessarily the problem. Many people who exhibit sociopathic/psychopathic behavior and/or are in positions of power have very high IQs. Having a high IQ doesn't necessarily make someone more ethical, empathetic, or level-headed. Also, hardly all religious fundamentalists are academic idiots.

7. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think IQ tests are very relevant. My friend's IQ is much lower than mine and she does really well at school. My dad has an extremely high IQ and is very well paid as an IT but...he could care less about facts whatsoever. I don't think even EQ is an accurate way to tell whether someone is ethical or not. (other than the obvious fact that the testaker could lie)

I think another factor for this situation continuing to happen is fear, censorship, and terrible education. Anyone's morals could become twisted because of these things, whether they were "innately good or bad". I strongly believe that if the antigay propaganda law was repealed, then this could be greatly reduced. At least hate from the parents part.

8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

She only said that she doesn't want stupid people in power, not that they should be killed or prevented from reproducing.