1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Montana GOP Congressional Candidate Bodyslams Journalist

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, May 25, 2017.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Read more here: Greg Gianforte accused of body slamming Guardian reporter - Washington Times

This is an extremely wild situation and there are additional bits of information that make this more interesting, such as the special election being tomorrow and the polls have been extremely close. The County Sheriff also donated $250 to Gianforte's campaign, which makes this that much more interesting, and the three major news outlets in Montana all pulled their endorsements of him. The Democrats only have to win back 24 seats in 2018 to win back the House, and if they win this and the runoff election in Georgia's sixth district.

Also for Montana peeps on the forum make sure to go vote tomorrow! (I'd recommend Rob Quist but make your voice heard regardless :grin:)

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately I think most of the votes are in already (tons of mail-in ballots in this state - hell I voted three weeks ago), so I don't know that this will have much immediate effect.

In any case, I hope they have proof enough to prosecute the nutjob...

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone