1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good day for gay rights at my school!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Prccgeek, May 6, 2009.

1. Prccgeek

At school today, my choir director pick a duet between to girls for the spring concert at my school. The cool part is they are sing talene baby or leave me from rent! Women sing a love song. Yay! (And my friend and I get to do our duet too; with a guy though)
    And GSA had a bake sale. Cookies and cupcapes rule!

2. Greggers

Thats so good ^^ I wish my school had a GSA when i was in high school.

Your choir teacher must be a good person. Most people even if they were gay-friendly would not pick that just because then all the parents, friends and other people who come to the shows would see that and blame the choir teacher if they themselves were homophobic. Shows he or she is a strong person. :slight_smile:

And cookies! Were they shaped like penis and boobies? :wink: My university did that for one bake sale rofl...

3. Prccgeek

I know it is little, but it will be performed in front of lots of people and for my high school, it will be new.

4. Prccgeek

My choir director is a really good person. Sadly, the music department chair fired her. (Not because of the duet.) However, I have been told that our new choir director for next year is gay so he certainly will be gay friendly.
    The GSA has about four people and I go to a huge school so it is a little week, but at least we have one. My school also had the day of silence. As highschools go, it is a pretty accepting place.