1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuals in the Louisiana Methodist Church

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by schoolboy91, May 12, 2009.

1. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

So,
    The methodist church has an annual conference for every well.. conference in the US.
    This year at Louisiana's, the subject of homosexuality and allowing it into the church is being brought up.
    So we have this thing called the "Book of Dicipline" that basically dictates what the methodist church can and can't do.
    All they want to do is change "we accept all people regardless of race, gender, age, ethnic background, or economic background." to "we accept all people..."
    Some say that the list does not include everyone it should.. aka gay, bisexual, and transgender peoples. The church has always had the authority to deny membership to people if they felt that "they weren't accepting Christ" legitly.
    Well... after the whole "we accept blah blah blah" it goes on to say and WILL CONTINUE TO SAY those who accept Christ in their hearts.
    So basically I feel like they want to keep it in there so pastors can keep gay people out of their churches. They also argue that if they allow it then they are allowing their practices as well. And God forbid, one day, gay people could also become ordained as ministers in Louisiana.. OH NOOOOOO!!!
    I don't know. I'm really involved in my church and it pisses me off because it makes me feel like the people that I have devoted so much time to and my ministry efforts don't want me here.

2. Emberstone

The only way to get kicked out of my church is to enganger the other members of the congragation. Thats what I like about being a moderate lutheren church. It is not about who you are, its about having a safe place to feel like you are apart of a family away from judgement and hatred.