1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOP Chairman Steele's new case against marriage equality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nodnarb, May 16, 2009.

1. Nodnarb

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It doesn't matter whether it makes money or costs us money. It is a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT! Grrr....

3. starfish

Sigh... What a dumb ass.

My health care and that of my future partner is part of my compensation. If my employer feels that providing health care puts my cost over what they want to pay. Fine I'll go work somewhere else, that is willing to properly compensate me.

To try and use it to deny rights is lame. If cost really was an issue, they would not provide health insurance for any ones spouse. Like I said health insurance is not required and is part of our compensation.

4. Emberstone

The thing you have to know about Steele... he is a mouthpeice and nothing more. Had obama not gotten the democrats nomination, and another democrat won it, and won the white house, Steele wouldnt be in the job he is.

He was voted because he is a african american. the Republicans are trying to seem hip and civicly minded. He is a incredibly inadequate person in the political spectrum. Everytime he speaks, he reminds us of that. republicans blasted him for years, then the democrats made history, and they tried to play that by picking Steele.

He is now a party mouthpeice, nothing more. he is there to say what he is told to say, expecially after he made such a idiot of himself when he could say what he wanted.

The republicans arent going to get much from Steele, and no doubt the next vote for party chairmen will see him ousted.

5. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    What a stupid argument! Honestly, if that's the way he feels then I want straight marriage banned, too!

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

The fact that he's running the party that I'm registered with scares the shit out of me.

7. EM68

That is so stupid. If anything it will add to the economy. Today is the 5th anniversary of gay marriage in Massachusetts. Since then same sex marriages have added $111 million to the economy.

http://wbztv.com/local/gay.marriage.money.2.1011682.html

Crap like that pisses me off. Lately I have been wondering where I stand. I used to vote Republican but I don't know any more.

8. starfish

I gave on up on the Republican party during Bush's second campaign. In my opinion they have have lost the ability to present a well formed argument and instead resort to fear tactics.

9. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

he along with the Republican Party in 10 years will try to be the new fag hag in our lives.

10. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNxbn7vW8A[/YOUTUBE]

11. Emberstone

got to love Olberman.

He does what the GOP is incapable of doing... talking common sense, logic, and verifiable fact.

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Not to start anything, but so a guy who wants to marry a horse is ok; or that arranged marriages are ok?

Lol, you mean it is a basic human right as long as there is consent between both parties. But ya, I let people keep their opinions rather than force them to accept mine.

I don't really care what people think of me, or my lifestyle. If he thinks it will hurt the economy, so be it. I just don't share the same opinion, that's all :slight_smile: .

13. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love how he says it's like a stimulus package, lol. Go Keith! :grin:

14. Emberstone

is it just me, or is it absolutely hilarious that he, a republican, is saying something like this is going to hurt the econamy after the republican ruled previous administration and congress were the ones who killed this econamy years ago, and have fought against practically everything that can help hard working americans get back on track.

Republicans dont have the right to complain about economic issues at this time.

15. Emberstone

this made me smile:

"But even while Steele is trying to unite Republicans in going after Obama, he's facing opposition within his own party. Fox News reports that Steele is threatening to "step aside" if RNC committee members vote to take away his authority to manage RNC funds."

16. Nodnarb

I'm honestly shocked that he has survived as party chairman this long. I can't believe there hasn't been more effort to oust him. Not that (as a Democrat) I'm complaining:wink:

17. Just Adam

i just love how it just comes across as so common sense from him that same sex marraige really just helps the economy. also got to llove the little bush kicking :slight_smile:

18. Emberstone

It is hard to sound intelligent when you are pushing bigottry and hatred as a party platform.

Which is why keith olberman is so great. he focuses on the issues 90% of the time, with the other 10% of the time being him taking intelligent swipes at the character of the people he is counterpointing. 10% entertains us, 90% informs up.

19. Rygirl

There is a reason why they are called HUMAN RIGHTS, not straight rights or heterosexual rights,
    These are what every human being is entitled to, simply for being human, when the human rights were written there was no mention of excluding LGBT people, so why are they allowed to exclude us now?
    Government shouldn't be allowed to change what was written ages ago, and affects so many people.

20. Rofl, I'm sorry but this made me laugh. I can't watch Keith Olbermann without cracking up. He makes himself look like such a joke, and that's already adding to the fact that I don't agree with a word he says.

But on the topic of the thread are you honestly that surprised at what he says? The unfortunate, but true fact of the matter is that in order to get any sort of forefront in the modern Republican party you have to be against gay marriage in some form or another. I don't like it, but that's how it is and that's why I'm not registered with the party even though 90%+ of my views are Republican in nature.