1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhode Islanders support gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EM68, May 28, 2009.

1. EM68

2. Shevanel

They might as well, they seemed to be the odd one out in New England.

3. Well it's about time, my second home Providence is really gay friendly. Seriously, I always see gay people there. I'm surprised they didn't have it sooner.

4. Emberstone

I know homophobes like to pretend sexual orientations other then heterosexuality are dieseases, I would love to see marriage equality to spread like one. I hope iowa remains legal in a few years when they would be able to challange it, and it begins to spreads. yes, I know thats asking for a miracle at this point, but it seems the north east at least is taking notice to the equal rights needs of its citizens. if only california had upheld its equal protection laws. then maybe it could have spread to oregon.

5. biisme

Yes!

Interestingly enough, I am currently writing a letter my my State Reps and Senators about gay marriage.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It's not the legislature thats the issue, its the Governor who is a supporter of NOM

7. biisme

Carcieri is an ass. And even most people who don't approve of gay marriage have a problem with him. Git.

8. ANightDude

Unless New York is ready. Apparently the majority of the population supports it, and the legislation will more than likely pass it.

9. Just Adam

pfft we can sort that... sniper teams are ready :slight_smile:

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

lol, I feel your pain people in RI with the Governor, well whoever the next Governor is will most likely support marriage equality, so early 2011 unless they have votes to over ride a veto in the legislature or vote to bring it to a vote and legalize by popular vote.

11. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought there were a lot of conservative Irish and Italian catholics in RI- am I mistaken?

12. Maybe in the rest of the state, certainly not in Providence where most of the population is.