1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After seeing this video, im backing Ted Olson and David Boies!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Greggers, May 30, 2009.

1. Greggers

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0wrRxaErr4[/YOUTUBE]

VERY well put. MAAAAANY good points in this video. :eusa_clap

2. Just Adam

first off i dont like chris he annoys me .. just my two cents but

what a pair of legals i think this will go well the 14th ammendmant our human rights... only way out of this is to ammend the ammendmant... they wouldent get away with that without uprising

and i so agree with the use of marriage its a right to use that to gain the legal right of it. :slight_smile:

ok im sorry im going back to the host now cos i was typeing this as i listened to it and my what an ... ahhhhhh he first of trys dumbing it down from what was perfectly understandable... then he sounds real protectionist of marriage between men and woman then at the end has to get in me and my WIFE.... ffs please ok we know your married and not gay woopdy doo... its almost like he had in the back of his mind that this will take something away from his own marriage... ( sorry to rant on your thread greggers he just seemed cold to me )

love the legals though :grin: use that ammendmant and previous cases against this biggot ruleing and hopefully force national acceptance of same sex marriage

side note how many times do i need to type marriage seriously lol

3. Greggers

hehe i actually didnt pay attention to the host. I totally thought the dumbing it down comment was un-called for, but whatever hes just the host. I loved how they answered his questions though. My favorite was the response to "Why cant we have equal rights and just not the word marriage". Ive heard many good responses, but relating it to immigrants coming here and having all the same rights, but not allowed to be called "citizens" was fucking brilliant. THAT should hit home.

4. Just Adam

i think hitting home on how racial marriage has been allowed and accepted as a perfectly normal right so should ours :grin:

5. Emberstone

I belived the lawyers were doing it for all the right reasons when I saw them on AC 360 a few days back.

risky, but you have to take risks to get anywhere in life.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this passes, who knows what it could cause for the rest of the USA, not just California.

7. RyonRyon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    * prays to Buddha *

8. TayTay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this passes not only would it lift the ban in cali , but also in the other states , you can't lift a ban in one state and not the others.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, and the nice thing is that the Mormons won't be able to buy off the Supremes.

10. Emberstone

finally got a chance to watch the msnbc video, and again, I think there is sound precedence for what they are doing.

11. ANightDude

Hopefully this is a turning point in SS Marriage in the United States. I knew Prop 8 was going to start something.

12. Just Adam

its almost hard to see why they bothered keeping prop 8.... as the hastle its gonna cause them... did they think wed go away XD... NEVER!!!!!!!!! haha

13. ANightDude

1 out of 7 judges voted to overturn the ban. So the other 6 will probabley be labeled as villians in the future. :grin:

14. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They didn't rule to uphold the ban or overturn the ban. They ruled on wether the citizens had the right to make the ban in the first place. There's a difference. In the first, they're ruling wether to accept same sex marriage. In the second, they're ruling on wether people have the right to ammend the constitution in regards to marriage limitations.

15. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I'll admit i was a little skeptical about them but now I feel a sense of relief knowing they are going to represent us.

16. Just Adam

if they pull this off i might hire them to get me a bf that could be an epic battle

17. Emberstone

I do think in a legalistic way, they are approching this from a position of strength. They do have some compelling arguments and precedences in place.